Bruxism AKA teeth grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo-lution

Jan 28, 2008
Eh, do anyone of u guys here happen to suffer or used to suffer from bruxism(teeth grinding at night)??

I recently found out(from my dentist) that i am suffering from bruxism due to stress.... And yes, i learnt abt it the hard way! Now my right facial muscle & jaws hurts like siao!

So yea, anyone here got any experience in this aspect which might help me to relief this condition?

Didn't want to try the hard approach like muscle relaxants & mouth guards yet. Thinking of using the soft approach first.....

Thanks in advance:)

A sore jaw and facial muscles is the EASY way to find out. Ground down and have to be replaced teeth at a few K a pop is the hard way! :bsmilie:

Look uo 'sleep problems' and 'how to relax before going to bed'. Specifically, look for tips and hints on what foods to avoid and forming habits/rituals that will help you relax. Meditation and deep breathing also helps.

All the best.

I believe im suffering from this as well. My gums & teeth bleed as well when i brush in the morning. My dentist says worse come to worse, get those teeth guard and wear it during sleep.

My condition comes and goes, especially whenever im under heavy stress from work. I could wake up in the middle of night, hard to get back to sleep. And i no longer enjoy my hobbies and likes. Losing interest in a lot of things, even photography. :dunno:

A sore jaw and facial muscles is the EASY way to find out. Ground down and have to be replaced teeth at a few K a pop is the hard way! :bsmilie:

Look uo 'sleep problems' and 'how to relax before going to bed'. Specifically, look for tips and hints on what foods to avoid and forming habits/rituals that will help you relax. Meditation and deep breathing also helps.

All the best.

Thanks bro, haha, mine, ground down abit, but not till the extent of need to replace the whole tooth/teeth yet. Woah mouth guard oso expensive lor, I was quoted $550.... Machiam wisdom tooth treatment pricing.... Anyway, thx for the advice, will try it!:)

I believe im suffering from this as well. My gums & teeth bleed as well when i brush in the morning. My dentist says worse come to worse, get those teeth guard and wear it during sleep.

My condition comes and goes, especially whenever im under heavy stress from work. I could wake up in the middle of night, hard to get back to sleep. And i no longer enjoy my hobbies and likes. Losing interest in a lot of things, even photography. :dunno:

Eh, my teeth & gums don't bleed.... I think gums bleed is due to gum diseases. Mine is hard to get to sleep, but at least i don't wake up in the night.... But morning wake up the jaws sore like siao! Now relying on ice packs to sooth the facial muscles....

Yea, starting to lose interest liao.... Is like constantly thinking abt the pain, cannot concentrate on work and other things... Sometimes dun even feel like talkng....

I too, suffer from bruxism. I now use a jaw guard at night when I sleep to prevent my teeth from being worn away.

hey wat a coincidence...i kana this week too (my 1st time)..
Slept on new HIGH bolster, Woke up with a stiffed neck (left), back 2nd tooth/gum pain.

Dentist x-rayed my theen and said : nothing wrong, yr head slept in wrong angle, then probably u grind your teeth yesterday nite. (1st time i knew i grind teeth :bsmilie:)
Dentist quoted me $300 for the teeth guard if the pain dun go away.. and i hope i dun need to buy that piece of plastic for $300 :sweat:
Did cleaning and polishing and walked out a happy fairy..

2 days later, (slept on pillow), neck healed but tooth pain came back again!
Went to Doc and got painkiller, and miraclely after a big makan dinner (right after seeing doc), no more pain...healed!

No more pain now. Painkiller pills are wasted, $ wasted..:cry:

:rolleyes:

Alternatively, have a light sleeper beside you. Normally, grinders are err ... kinda noisy I am told, so when you disturb that light sleeper, that person can shove you and remind you not to grind. Over time, coupled with relaxation techniques, it can work.

Mabbie make your deep breathing and meditative mantra 'Dunnnn grrrrind, duunnnnn grrrrriinnnndddd, duuuuunnnnnnnnn grrrrrrrrrinnnndddddddddd'. :bsmilie:

I too, suffer from bruxism. I now use a jaw guard at night when I sleep to prevent my teeth from being worn away.

I hope dun have to resort to that... Kindda troublesome leh. Ppl wear dentures every night take out, i wear mouth guard, every night put in....:bsmilie:

hey wat a coincidence...i kana this week too (my 1st time)..
Slept on new HIGH bolster, Woke up with a stiffed neck (left), back 2nd tooth/gum pain.

Dentist x-rayed my theen and said : nothing wrong, yr head slept in wrong angle, then probably u grind your teeth yesterday nite. (1st time i knew i grind teeth :bsmilie:)
Dentist quoted me $300 for the teeth guard if the pain dun go away.. and i hope i dun need to buy that piece of plastic for $300
Did cleaning and polishing and walked out a happy fairy..

2 days later, (slept on pillow), neck healed but tooth pain came back again!
Went to Doc and got painkiller, and miraclely after a big makan dinner (right after seeing doc), no more pain...healed!

No more pain now. Painkiller pills are wasted, $ wasted..

I rather not have this kind of conincidence lor!:bsmilie: But eh ur dentist where arh? mine quote $550 for that plastic leh....

Are you suggesting i go out and have a feast later?? Speaking of which, my family juz asked me tonight dinner wanna go where and makan, and my reply was "anything", coz dun eat oso pain lor....:(

Alternatively, have a light sleeper beside you. Normally, grinders are err ... kinda noisy I am told, so when you disturb that light sleeper, that person can shove you and remind you not to grind. Over time, coupled with relaxation techniques, it can work.

Mabbie make your deep breathing and meditative mantra 'Dunnnn grrrrind, duunnnnn grrrrriinnnndddd, duuuuunnnnnnnnn grrrrrrrrrinnnndddddddddd'.

Light sleeper... where to find one? Mostly live alone leh.... But even if i can find one, not very nice oso lah, is like then that person every night kena disturbed by my grinding....

The mantra sounds good thou...:bsmilie:
But i think my neighbours will think i siao if they hear/see it....

II rather not have this kind of conincidence lor!:bsmilie: But eh ur dentist where arh? mine quote $550 for that plastic leh....

Are you suggesting i go out and have a feast later?? Speaking of which, my family juz asked me tonight dinner wanna go where and makan, and my reply was "anything", coz dun eat oso pain lor....:(

maybe u try to drink so warm drinks...help to ease the pain...
and sleep on pillow..avoid the side which is pain..
and maybe eat with ease, u enjoy the food, forget the pain liao..:lovegrin:

Eh, my teeth & gums don't bleed.... I think gums bleed is due to gum diseases. Mine is hard to get to sleep, but at least i don't wake up in the night.... But morning wake up the jaws sore like siao! Now relying on ice packs to sooth the facial muscles....

Yea, starting to lose interest liao.... Is like constantly thinking abt the pain, cannot concentrate on work and other things... Sometimes dun even feel like talkng....

Not sure bout mine... bleeding a little by brushing is normal, or no bleeding at all. But since i was grinding, a little more than the normal, so it frightens me. I had one of my wisdom tooth removed, it was squash out of shape, growing sideways hurting the sides, i suspect could be my jaws clenching tight all the time during my sleep all these years. :sweat:

Err...say mantra wan is not for the whole block to hear lah ... is to calm you down, lower your heart rate and 'psycho' your subconscious not ro grind. :cool:

Wear a mouth guard. Prevents grinding down the teeth overtime.

I hope dun have to resort to that... Kindda troublesome leh. Ppl wear dentures every night take out, i wear mouth guard, every night put in....:bsmilie:
Yup, that is the name of the game.

I rather not have this kind of conincidence lor!:bsmilie: But eh ur dentist where arh? mine quote $550 for that plastic leh....
Errrr... actually it is not plastic la. More like a type of rubber.

Last edited:
Not sure bout mine... bleeding a little by brushing is normal, or no bleeding at all. But since i was grinding, a little more than the normal, so it frightens me. I had one of my wisdom tooth removed, it was squash out of shape, growing sideways hurting the sides, i suspect could be my jaws clenching tight all the time during my sleep all these years. :sweat:

Sounds scary.....:eek:

Err...say mantra wan is not for the whole block to hear lah ... is to calm you down, lower your heart rate and 'psycho' your subconscious not ro grind. :cool:

Psycho... Interesting.... Maybe can try after all...:D

Wear a mouth guard. Prevents grinding down the teeth overtime.

Erm in time to come, if all else fails, i think i will have to resort to that....:(

maybe u try to drink so warm drinks...help to ease the pain...
and sleep on pillow..avoid the side which is pain..
and maybe eat with ease, u enjoy the food, forget the pain liao..:lovegrin:

Erm, the warm drink did help abit... But not too much... Hopefully i can stop grinding my teeth after taking these two days off work completely to destress abit... Or else, i think i will juz go take muscle relaxants for the upcoming two weeks to tahan throughout my project then think of some long term solution.....

Let's hope the dinner tonight helps.....:bsmilie:

have this problem for a long long time..my poor NS buddies had to tahan me for my 1yr + in bunk with them..

Then u grind for 1+ year, nth happen?? no pain nth??

Status
Not open for further replies.