Brush or Airblower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
Hi, for cleaning the lens of dust, issit advisable to use a camera-cleaning brush or an airblower? I heard some people told me using the brush is not advisable as it may leave smears or scatches on the lens element. I am currently using a Giotto brush made of goat-hair, the brush is supposed to be very soft. Should I get an airblower? What type is good? Any brands in particular to recommend? Thanks..:)

Giotto blower (large) will be good for home use. Can get small one also for field use.

Brush will not scratch the glass provided the brush is free from debris. Ppl normally says:

1. Blow, blow and blow first.
2. If not clean, use soft brush to sweep dust and loosen them.
3. Blow, blow and blow again till the dust are blown away.

aaron80 said:
Hi, for cleaning the lens of dust, issit advisable to use a camera-cleaning brush or an airblower? I heard some people told me using the brush is not advisable as it may leave smears or scatches on the lens element. I am currently using a Giotto brush made of goat-hair, the brush is supposed to be very soft. Should I get an airblower? What type is good? Any brands in particular to recommend? Thanks..:)

I see.. Thanks for the information..:) Roughly how much will the Giotto blower cost? Can get it at cathay photo?

melcheong72 said:
Giotto blower (large) will be good for home use. Can get small one also for field use.

Brush will not scratch the glass provided the brush is free from debris. Ppl normally says:

1. Blow, blow and blow first.
2. If not clean, use soft brush to sweep dust and loosen them.
3. Blow, blow and blow again till the dust are blown away.

I've got the medium sized one. They're shaped like a rocket thus the name 'Rocket'. Can get for around $10-$12 at CP.

The large giottos rocket is going for $12 at cathay... just bought one last week.

Thanks man. Think I am going get one today or tml..:)

nyxx88 said:
The large giottos rocket is going for $12 at cathay... just bought one last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.