Browsers at CP and AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelster

Apr 25, 2003
Everywhere where e sun shines
Visit site
Hey...just wanna ask you guys generally how the staffs at both AP and CP treat us browsers as we ask them abt some assessories and subsequently not buying them as we're still deciding. Any experiance of any hostile attitudes from them?

The reason is I'm thinking of getting some tele and wide angle attachment lens for my C5050...wanna go see some 3rd party lenses....

don't know about AP but if u go during not so crowded times, CP will be quite ok. if u go weekends, they'd leave u alone.

So best is to go and be friendly (prob best not to say u not buying but interested in buying - not lying technically).

I find if i go during weekdays afternoon - not close to 430pm or lunch, they are ok.

Don't know if it's true but CP marina a bit friendlier?

CP is okay as long as they are not busy. Will help if you are a 'regular face' there and know some of the sales staff. But I am very thick-skinned and always browse. Nothing wrong, because I also buy occasionally and they know it.

hmm...are they in the loop of when a SEED will go on?...wat i mean is...they'll know a SEED is on and they actually are more patient with newbies asking loads of questions and getting hands on...without actually making a sale? or do we have to request one of you "lau jiaos" to go down as passports for us....heh heh;)

Originally posted by kelster
hmm...are they in the loop of when a SEED will go on?...wat i mean is...they'll know a SEED is on and they actually are more patient with newbies asking loads of questions and getting hands on...without actually making a sale? or do we have to request one of you "lau jiaos" to go down as passports for us....heh heh;)

Well, more often than not, they do know when a SEED is going on, esp at CP. Not too sure abt AP though.

:)

wah...if i wear skirt and go in...prob don't even wanna do business with me liao:what: ...:eek: :eek: :eek: heh heh

:bsmilie:

AP is the worst, unless whole shop is EMPTY then they will entertain you. If there are angmoh customers around, u can forget about asking them anything. I once stood near the camera bags corner about 5 minutes and 3 staff were busily chit chatting at the counter just if I am transparent, didnt even bother to ask CAN I HELP YOU. And the best part is we were less than 1.5 metres away.:dunno:

CP marina still the best, the salespersons all old birds, so of cos when busy they will try to serve those who wants to buy first. Experienced salesperson can tell whether a customer is buying or not. They have so far NEVER ignore me like wat AP did, answers all my questions/enquiries.:thumbsup:
Best thing to note, I am not a regular FACE there!!!

The above are based on my true encounters

well..if u really just want to ask and get some suggestions and info...i think John 3:16 is very good. so far never got ignored before...even though the place super crowded.

yup...i do hvta agree on that...John 3:16 pretty much allowed me nearly an hour and a half meddling with the C5050 b4 I bought it someplace else and they's so alright about it....so far..thats the only place i actually "dared" to do up to and browse...heh heh...guess me newbie here and AP and CP do somewhat intimidates me...a lil...

yup ... Cathay at Peninsula is pretty much clued in as to when SEEDs happen.

Originally posted by Darren
yup ... Cathay at Peninsula is pretty much clued in as to when SEEDs happen.
yup yup, they're usually tipped off by the hordes of CS regulars who suddenly show up on a Wed evening, asking for prices and haggling for newcomers. :dent:

yup...i do hvta agree on that...John 3:16 pretty much allowed me nearly an hour and a half meddling with the C5050 b4 I bought it someplace else and they's so alright about it....so far..thats the only place i actually "dared" to do up to and browse...heh heh...guess me newbie here and AP and CP do somewhat intimidates me...a lil...

If the difference in price is not alot.... I would rather go to John 3:16 to buy..... I dun mind paying abit more for better service.....
At least they took the effort to remember who I am..... even though I have not spend alot over there.....
If I were to buy a new camera next time.... I will most likely buy it at John 3:16....

My 2nd choice would be CP (Peninsula).... I had a bad experience at CP (Marina) though..... overcharged for certain items....

As for AP.... I will only go there if something is really cheap there..... coz their attitude really sucks..... I have been there for 5 times.... most of the time... I feel like I am transparent.... even though there were only 1 or 2 customer around and there are 4 or 5 staff.... Guess reading newspaper or chatting with each other is more important than doing my business.....
Their prices also not so fantastic.... I was quoted $95 for a 20L Digi-Cabi dry cabinet.... I got a 30L one from John 3:16 for that price......

Sam from John 3:16 knows me even though I had not bought a single item from him.

Originally posted by xin

As for AP.... I will only go there if something is really cheap there..... coz their attitude really sucks.........

Don't understand why they are held in high regards here. Being there so many times and always transparent. Except 1 time bathe in the glory of some regulars there buying 10D had I got a chance to speak to the sales guy. Got so pissed off one time i got my G3 from Song Bros. They gave good service and very attentive. so what if they are expensive.

Btw, somebody got small business from me selling me 10d, 70-200 2.8L, crumplers, filters, flash and very soon 16-35 2.8L.
Good luck to them......

Originally posted by mervlam
Sam from John 3:16 knows me even though I had not bought a single item from him.

same here, been to the shop 3x without buying anything, and he smiled at me when i saw him at PP.

was at CP PP on tues, arounf 1730. the place was quite empty but none of the sales stuff bothered to entertain me. maybe i am not very well dressed then????

actually, for me, I rather no one entertain me until I asked.

Just hate another person looking at me while i look ard..

Status
Not open for further replies.