Browhaus lands at Ion

Wackyzacky

Jan 27, 2009
IMG_9960WM-ed.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
- Composition and color tone

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
- Trying to get the 'people behind the newspapers' kind of impression (I think fail leh)

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- I took this photo while accompanying a friend at work, from a level above the 'models'. Used a 5D Mark II with the 24-105mm f/4.0L

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
- I find it lacking 'color' and maybe I should have gone down to the same level and gotten a better perspective.

Picture was cropped slightly and the levels were adjusted to brighten up the image.

C&C welcomed.:D

Thanks in advance!:)

Do not understand your title, that's why I take a look.

I support what you think, I think also fail leh.

didn't do justice to such a piece of equipment you have.

Last edited:
HAHAHA, maybe it would be better if I went down to take them? AND, what do you mean when you said doesn't do justice to my equipment? with regards to what? color, composition, PP, or what? HAHA thanks anyways!

5D Mk II is one the flagship of Canon isn't it ?

ohhh.. huh? don't get it. Sorry

i think if you had taken on the same level as them it will take a great candid street shot.

one comment about your photo is you are taking against a brightly lit background hence your subjects are all underexposed.

Shoot at same level is correct, since there are 6 people holding up the tabloids, it would be an oblique angle, something like 30 degrees from the very first guy, landscape format wise composition, and a very long lens ( something like 300 mm ) to compress all the 6 papers headings together, an aperture of 8 ~ 11 to get enough depth of field, however have to compromise with slowest shutter speed in view of camera shake with such long lenses, with existing ( available ) light exposure.

All in all, it needs quick reflexes, combining the right hardware application.

Perhaps by the time you walk down one level, ( several seconds goneby ) all things have changed.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your comments, maybe i'll try something like this soon? I'll try witht he tips!:)

took a similar shot as yours that day here nice try btw :)

You sure caught it better than me!:))