Broken Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmouse

Jul 10, 2003
spore
img9.photobucket.com
Dropped by AH this afternoon during lunch for some quick snaps....Not much luck & these butts are very alert & sensitive. Guess I need to keep a set of no 4 in my back pack and camoflage my face to avoid detection....

P8090065.jpg

P8090075.jpg

skyflash said:
The Cycad-Blue is quite tame. Sometimes, we can be as close as 10cm from it. So no need #4. ;P

Try to move slowly. And, make good use of leaves as shield. They have limited vision, so they are more sensitive to sudden movement.

My cam working distance is about 16 or 32 cm. so far the only butt I managed to close in is cycad blue which is tame in nature. That is why need no4 & camoflage face for other species.

Hope I do not end up in IMH instead!

Yah, 30 cm is quite a good working distance for a number of species. The bigger and more sensitive ones will require more, some 50 cm and some 1 m or more. Usually for new species, I shoot from far, and then approach closer and closer to find out the working distance, so that next time, I will roughly know how close I should position myself. Usually for those that are feeding or mating, the working distance is even shorter!

macross said:
Yah, 30 cm is quite a good working distance for a number of species. The bigger and more sensitive ones will require more, some 50 cm and some 1 m or more. Usually for new species, I shoot from far, and then approach closer and closer to find out the working distance, so that next time, I will roughly know how close I should position myself. Usually for those that are feeding or mating, the working distance is even shorter!

I dont understand what you r talking about. I tot it depends on how big is the subject and the lens you are using?
You mean mating insects require shorter distance regardless of its size and the lens you r using? :what: :nono:

Sorry for the confusion. I am using C-750 so the working distance depends on the zoom. Maybe I should use safety distance. Some butts really allows me to go as close as 1-2 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.