Broken Lens, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part of the DSLR is broken? Did it came from a broken lens? Since camera and lenses are make up by different parts, as long as the parts is available, I see no reason why they can't fix it. The problem might be the cost...

Anyone broke the lens in your DSLR before? Is it replaceable or is the camera junk if that lens is broken?

http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=090920081234yc4.jpg

That image looks like its the front element of the lenses, am i right? How was it broken? Did you drop it or did you bump it against something? After the replacement of the elements the service guys probably had to do some calibration. If you dropped it, there might be problems related to mechanical stress that may not surface till after some time. It may be costly to get it repaired, sometimes its more worth it to trash it and buy a new one. However, YMMV.

That look real serious. Good luck if you are able to repair. just a word of caution, in my opinion even after repair some unknown problem might happen intermittenly so if it cost you an arm or leg to repair, suggest you get a new and better one.

No I didn't drop it. I was cleaning it and putting it back when it broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.