broken lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
I sat down and the lcd of my ixus 700 in my pant got squashed .... resulting in a broken LCD..... beside Canon SC, where i can get it replaced and how much? :cry:
Cam is still in tip top condition except the broken lcd which is blank-col now.

cannon, u think where else have the LCD part?

so far, i only know sony got a counter where u can buy parts off them for own repairs. Canon have that?

i think sending back to canon agent is the better choice ba..sorry to hear that.

i think sending back to canon agent is the better choice ba..sorry to hear that.
was thinking that a second hand one is now selling less than $350 ..... dun noe how much Canon gonna charge .... $300?...:sweat:

Even assuming you can get the part, disassembling and, more importantly, re-assembling a PnS is no joke, you need to know the procedure and I don't think Canon will give or show you. I used to work in an environment which needs to disassemble/re-assemble laptops and you have to follow the procedure closely otherwise the whole thing simply cannot fit together. Every little space inside these compact devices is fully used and some of the screws and connectors are very tiny and easily damaged if you don't know what you are doing.

Short answer -- just bite the bullet and send back to Canon for repair.

was thinking that a second hand one is now selling less than $350 ..... dun noe how much Canon gonna charge .... $300?...:sweat:

then u better check how much first before sending in, dont waste money..i rather get a new one if the price comes close to 1/2 of it.
:bigeyes:

then u better check how much first before sending in, dont waste money..i rather get a new one if the price comes close to 1/2 of it.
:bigeyes:

all SC same mah, u pay initial assessment fee, then they check, give u a price, u think worth anot, not worth, then pay assessment fee take back the damaged set without repair, or throw there lor.

Canonised,

I just gotten my ixus 40's LCD replaced a couple of months back, and it cosr about $120 in total.

Hope this info helps.

Kenny

OKie .... collected my cam.
Thanks to the service guys at the Keppel Bay Tower :thumbsup:
BTW, the total cost is only $88-00 (replacement of LCD).

Status
Not open for further replies.