Broke yet another screen protector.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Thats my third one since i turned pro.

224862_10150940153203166_835728165_10011124_2101609727_n.jpg

Dont even know how it happened but there it is. Thank goodness it took the hit for the lcd....heng i switched from using those plastic type since i was doing primarily action sports.

Need to order a couple from ebay now.

Last edited:
Cool story, bro.

Can get endorsement deal from screen protector manufacturer? ;)

Anyway, good thing it did its job!

But how could it be that you do not know how it happened?

haha ok, may be it's those "in the heat of the moment" thing.

Thank goodness i "upgraded" from those plastic one to the glass type.

Remind me not to buy gear from this guy when he post on BNS. ;)

Yeah, plastic one just to protect from light scratches. Were you like using your camera then halfway you suddenly discovered the screen protector broke?

actually was about to clean the camera just now when i noticed. Monday is basically when i clean all my gear.

Cool, I guess you must be pretty careless with your gear. If you are not even aware of a hit that can shatter what looks like a GGS protector, then I shudder to think about all the other unknown hits to the other parts of the camera body, lenses, and the little little problems that will surface later on in their life. :bsmilie:

Well, a glass protector is technically speaking, more resilient when it comes to scratches.. :)

yeah. but i am fine with occasionally scratches on the plastic screen protector :p at worst replace a new one once it gets unbearable. :x

anyway my screen protector had lasted me nearly 2 years, plenty of scratches but still bearable. But the quality is good (bought from doml.com) ... hence no fear of the LCD screen getting scratch.

It already happened three times, it would be better to find out how it happened.
The next time, it might be not that lucky.

How on earth can the protector be damaged so badly without you knowing? :dunno:

The last time it happened was months ago. I guess such things are bound to happen when i chose to do action photography just that would be nice to know what happened. I wonder if have such thing as gorilla glass for dslr lcd.

Cool, I guess you must be pretty careless with your gear. If you are not even aware of a hit that can shatter what looks like a GGS protector, then I shudder to think about all the other unknown hits to the other parts of the camera body, lenses, and the little little problems that will surface later on in their life. :bsmilie:

lets just say not many photographers in sg willing to take as much risk as i would for an image. Besides the pentax k20d was made tough. I can honestly say it can last as long as a canon 1d...heck might even outlast it. Now that is build quality.

Reportage said:
lets just say not many photographers in sg willing to take as much risk as i would for an image. Besides the pentax k20d was made tough. I can honestly say it can last as long as a canon 1d...heck might even outlast it. Now that is build quality.

the wonder u are a pro now