Broadway

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyW

Feb 7, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
I went with an intention to take the sunset. But I reach there slightly late and try to get at least one shot. Please comment on the feel, exposure and composure. =)

IMG_9499copy.jpg

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I will like feedback on the composition.
I have composed the picture this way because I want to show sunset of a laid back Singapore

I will like feedback on photography techniques.
The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture.
I have chosen this f16, iso 400 shutter about 2" so to get more DOF and less noise by ISO.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Some ways to write this

I want to show a laid back sunset through the picture.
I want viewers to feel sometimes in life, we can laid back and relax for a while through the picture.

*next time please edit your post and add the critique, else i'll normally see the 1st post and delete accordingly.

Last edited:
ermmm....maybe im failing to see the point :dunno:...but why issit being called broadway again? :think:

and ure missing a write up bro...

Bro, you are missing a write up. See here on how to do up a proper one.

From what I see, composition is cluttered; could do away with the slightly illuminated patch of sand at the bottom left corner, along with the whole string of buoys (fishing net?).

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I will like feedback on the composition.
I have composed the picture this way because I want to show sunset of a laid back Singapore

I will like feedback on photography techniques.
The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture.
I have chosen this f16, iso 400 shutter about 2" so to get more DOF and less noise by ISO.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Some ways to write this

I want to show a laid back sunset through the picture.
I want viewers to feel sometimes in life, we can laid back and relax for a while through the picture.

The place is called boardwalk. TS may have gotten the name wrong.

Pardon me, but it doesnt quite show "laid back" to me. Perhaps my definition of "laid back" is having some wide open space, no distraction from any other elemts else; as shown in your picture. To show just the sky or just the calm sea; with any available light left of the sun. Cluttering - as mentioned by calebk - is what I meant. You could have just focused or get closer to one element against the sky or the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.