Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andylee

Starhub MaxOnline good? how bout singtel?wanna apply cause got problem cumming to CS...stupid 56k dialup got cut off every now and then... :angry:

If you're into online gaming or one who uploads quite frequently, then I'm afraid SCV -- with its 128kbps upload cap -- won't be suitable for your needs. I used to play MOHAA online using PacNet and was okay. But with SCV, I always end up being kicked out, for having caused the game to lag. :(

:Later,

For SCV, it's 15KB/s cap...upload, download is 1.5Mbps (200KB/s)

Pretty sucky for a broadband connection, and SCV claims 15K is enough for gaming... crap.

Well if you're not into gaming, any Broadband like Singtel/PacNet should give you more upload bandwidths.

Eh Sori hor, but wat about economic sense?? Pls help.......thanks

why do u need so much upload speed ? when i playing online game, cs or jk ii , my ping is less than 40.

now, u tell me, slow or fast.

data through telephone line is vey unreliable.....

downloading was interrupted, please try again or check with your isp. :D

Hello, i just need to have fast downloading and uncut connections and good price.sori if i seems like a drag...... :embrass: not good in all this things...... :embrass:

if you need cheap and decent speed, and is not a heavy user like gamers or kazaa addicts, then 256kbps packages should be good enough for you, not the unlimited ones.

Wa liao eh, yesterday whole nite cannot go net fed-up sia!!!only can post now in the morn!!

Thanks guys,i tink i'm gonna check out singnet....

ha ha,juz sign up for scv......... ;p

wacko said:
heh, what freebies did they give you?

They give me a free cabel modem loh. self install. 24 hours connected liao. :D no more drop line!no more slow downloading!

should had ask u to join Pac Net ..... 65.10 per month, 512Kb Upload / Download ......... pretty fast .....

blurblock said:
should had ask u to join Pac Net ..... 65.10 per month, 512Kb Upload / Download ......... pretty fast .....

upload only 256, download is 512

andylee said:
They give me a free cabel modem loh. self install. 24 hours connected liao. :D no more drop line!no more slow downloading!

Last week checked with them, they said have to buy modem from them, $90+ to $110+, but they give 2 months free subscription . Did they give you 2 months free as well?

Amigo said:
Last week checked with them, they said have to buy modem from them, $90+ to $110+, but they give 2 months free subscription . Did they give you 2 months free as well?

If you go to a prefered partner of starhub then modem free,i'm done with the setup liao. now they never give 2mts free leh.

caseytan said:
upload only 256, download is 512
That's right.

PacNet's okay... but just make sure you pay on time liao.. otherwise, their billing system is gonna frustrate you.

Anyway, SCV's really a good choice, IMHO. I'd even consider upgrading to their MaxOnline 3000 provided they increase the upload cap to at least 256. :cool:

:Later,

not bad lah,but can anyone tell me why is the connected speed only 100.0mbps only? :dunno: i thought it's suppose to be 1500mbps? :dunno:

that's your Network Card link speed, not Maxonline's speed.

Maxonline is 1500kbps, not mbps. ;)

caseytan said:
that's your Network Card link speed, not Maxonline's speed.

Maxonline is 1500kbps, not mbps. ;)

How can we verify if it's really 1500kbps?? :dunno: wanna do some research on whos' using scv in my block.....

Status
Not open for further replies.