bringing camera to the beach tomorrow. please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanzw

Aug 15, 2006
i am bring my set up tomorrow to do some shoots at the beach. any idea what to look out for?

any pointers to prevent dust from entering and general maintainence after the day?

please advise.

thanks in advance!

i am bring my set up tomorrow to do some shoots at the beach. any idea what to look out for?

any pointers to prevent dust from entering and general maintainence after the day?

please advise.

thanks in advance!

I'm doing the same as well tomolo. Just remember to have a filter on yr lens and DO NOT change lens at the beach.

After the shoot when u get home, clean your camera and lens as sea water is corrosive.

dun change lens near/at the beach...n ur lens better ve a filter...coz sea wind is corrosive will corrode the lens coating...after the day use a damn cloth to wipe...then use dry cloth to dry it...

haha... me also going to beach too... :cool:

so need damp cloth? to wipe down and then dry cloth?

lens will all have filters.

as for the changing of lens, i dun think there will be a need ba.

thanks for your replies! appreciated!

so need damp cloth? to wipe down and then dry cloth?

lens will all have filters.

as for the changing of lens, i dun think there will be a need ba.

thanks for your replies! appreciated!

exterior only...optics use lens solution...

n make sure the damn cloth is squeeze dry...

I think all this depends on what your camera system is...

I have taken assignments by the sea, changed lenses, had very small amount of spray hit the camera and lens, and at the end of the day, ran the camera and lens under a shower head in the hotel room, towel dried and left it in the room to totally dry and used a back up camera the next day. The third day everything was checked for salt deposits (and removed using cotton buds), the gears were packed and ready for another day of shooting...

Over protecting and over reacting sometime affects your mood to shoot good pictures... not that you should treat your gears like thrash, but at the same time, your camera is definitely built to take some abuse.

of coz i wun be anywhere too close to the seawater. so i think changing of lens should not be too much of a problem.

for optics can i use the lens pen thing?

change your lense behind a blocked wall, sea water is bad for cam, evern if nv touch, water vapour is still present

noted! thanks!

please advise.

thanks in advance!

no need to be a kan cheong spider...

dust will always get into the camera..

just take the usual precautions when changing lenses - i.e.. turn away from the sea so no seaspray.. dont leave it open without lens too long..

at the end of the day, if u really want, just wipe camera down with a slightly damp cloth.

but honestly, ive never had any issues shooting at the beach.

i know our cameras are digital, but they arent the namby pamby babies that you think they are... there are people who have dropped unweathersealed DSLRs into pools of water... rinsed them out with distilled water and let them dry out and they managed to get them working...

not suggesting u try it.. but just making a point.

charge your batteries
make sure that you bring your memory card
bring water to drink

but most important
use sun screen and have fun! :)

if the camera so precious, dun bring it to the beach lol.
go 7-11 buy disposable camera lol :bigeyes:

if the camera so precious, dun bring it to the beach lol.
go 7-11 buy disposable camera lol :bigeyes:

i totally agree with this...

if so scare of dust and stuff....wrap everything in ziplock bag and use lor...

Status
Not open for further replies.