Bringing camera to beach holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

DumbDoDo

Jan 25, 2006
Do Do land
If you are going for a holiday at some beach resort like Phuket, will you bring your DSLR camera with you??

Not worry about getting wet and sand into the camera?

:think: :think:

DumbDoDo said:
If you are going for a holiday at some beach resort like Phuket, will you bring your DSLR camera with you??

Then just bring the P&S one lor :bsmilie:

Infact if you worry too much alot places also cannot bring DSLR :sweat:

DumbDoDo said:

I think at least protect your lens with a filter loh. :D

keep your camera in the dry box
sure got no sand and water

aiyah, your camera is for taking pictures right?
if you want to take pictures then bring lor
most every day clean lor

the tricky part is if you use extendable zoom lenses and when the wind blows, sand or salt water (after drying become salt) will get sucked into the lens :D

Of course you can bring it to the beach.

Just take reasonable precautions, i.e. filter, keep away from sand and wipe down the camera at the end of the day with a damp cloth.

Worry so much? Dun shoot at all. Leave it at home.

Nuff said. End of story.

Just got back from PHuket with my 350D.. :)

Nothing to worry about..

You've answered your own question - worried about sand and water? Then don't drop the cam in the water or on the beach, problem solved.

TS hasn't appeared since he asked his qn. You referring to me? I've brought it successfully to the beach and back. To dry/sandy areas and back and no prob for me. :D

Not referring to you yanyewkay, I was referring to the TS.

Hm... thanks for all the views. Sorry for not checking back.... me almost forgot about my thread. (hee hee)

Me wanted to take nice pictures but worry about damaging my previous camera....Kiasee lor...

So just wanted to hear what other members view.

Cheers

Camera buy already don't think so much. Use it fullest.

I had used my camera during the peroid of sandstorm in Beijing, bring it to kelong in malaysia, use at night when fishing in boat, to the -7 degree or so in europe plus the suffering inside my motorcycle box under hot sun and vibration for long distance journey out of sg. ;)

To me is, since I bought it...use it! Think so much will restrict yourself. Of cos, not forgetting to take precaution when possible.

Kiasee? Dun shoot at all. Simple as that. :dunno: What's so difficult abt it anyway.

Plan your activities carefully. When I went to Bintan with my gf, I bought 2 cameras... a DSLR and a PnS. For beach activities when I foresee myself going into water, playing etc, just bring along PnS. For other things, then bring DSLR. Good planning can save you a bit of hassle!;)

Hi, i am planning to go on a holiday to Phuket with my boyfriend soon.
i am now in the midst of buying a slim camera. is there anything i should look out for? like spash proof.

thank you so much.
:lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.