Should I Bring my FM2 or D70s?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey People,
I'm going Taiwan for a 10 days trip. I'm gonna visit my relatives, walk around the city and take a break. I will be staying at my relatives' place throughout the trip. :p

Should I bring my trusty Nikon FM2 or my D70s? :dunno:

I'm more familiar with using my FM2 but that means I'm gonna bring film and a couple of lenses, which is something I'm trying to avoid. I want to minimize the load of gears I'm bringing.

If I bring my D70s, it's easier to bring around (I'm gonna just bring the body & 1 lens). However, since I bought my D70s, I haven't had the opportunity to really "explore" the functions. I'm also blur with a lot of the functions, especially the white balance (I tend to get bluish tones when I'm shooting with mixed lighting).

So how? What do you guys suggest? :think:

Cheers,
-Michy- :sweatsm:

If you are already deciding to minimise gear, then just go with the D70s. With the LCD preview, you can always adjust the settings and capture the shot again. Also, can show your relatives the shots you have taken as it's digital.

For me, bring both in order to play safe. You still can use your FM2 when you alone n want to take some photos on film, right? ;)

Maybe bring the D70S will do, since you dun wanna carry so much equip and also save the hassle of changing films after every 36 shots or so.

Enjoy your trip!

i suggest bring both...then shoot digital and slides :D

after all, the fm2 body alone doesnt take up much space.

Rem bring D70 also have to bring
1) extra CF card
2) Charger
3) Spare bat
4) (may be) hardrive/laptop to download shots.

also,one pt - d70 have onboard flash and FM2 dun. Do consider also if film development cost is an issue to u.

if i were you, i'll bring both but primarily use FM2 as backup and more importantly for that odd killer shot:)

cheers and enjoy ur trip!

hey michy,

i would bring the FM2 if i were u...since u r much more familiar with it. save the D70s for ur next trip after u have familiarised urself with it in singapore.

the last thing u want to do is to miss that killer shot while figuring out the functions on ur DSLR.

:)

Bring your FM2 ba ....
focus slowly, compose slowly, adjust the setting slowly with your usual passion ... :lovegrin: .... more satifaction
share the pic with us when you back .... :kiss:
FM2 best !!!!

i suggest you think about the type of shooting you wanna do. if you want a more relaxed, simple shooting experience, mostly natural light, it's the FM2. if you are keen to experiment and explore a lot especially in terms of techniques or viewpoints, and shoot in all kinds of natural and artificial lighting without flash, the D70s would be my choice.

bring your D70s and use it like you would your FM2, slowly focus and compose.
instant gratification! get to see if you missed that great shot.

Extra storage and charger does not take up more space than extra film.
take this oppunity to get to know your D70s well.

happy shooting and post

PS: Don't need to scan your images when you want to share.

what better opportunity to play with your D70? besides, you'll be living with your relatives, will have no problems with charging, downloading, etc. and the D70 is a more compact overall package. bonuses: cheaper (no developing!) & share-eable (with relatives!).
got nothing against the FM2 (i use canon manual SLRs myself...) but i'd bring that into more out-of-the-way places where i'd have problems with either theft, electrical points, rugged terrain etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.