Bring dslr to beach resort

delaflare

Apr 20, 2012
I i do not know if i should bring my A55 to a beach resort as i am worried about corrsion etc like salt corrosion

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
delaflare said:
I i do not know if i should bring my A55 to a beach resort as i am worried about corrsion etc like salt corrosion
dont next day a
your camera sure spoil.

delaflare

Apr 20, 2012
Huh?
What do you mean? Is there anyway to protect it?

nedy77

Jun 21, 2005
Try those waterproof camera case

fmeeran

Nov 5, 2010
Clementi, Singapore
Huh? Really? I've taken my d7k to beach resorts, boat rides, volcano slopes, light snow and rain, etc and it's still fine.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
delaflare said:
You would need to leave it beachside for MONTHS before salt corrosion may be an issue.

Dont worry, your camera will be fine, its not made if tofu. Otherwise every time someone goes to the beach they need to buy a new camera.

No need to be so kiasu... I swear, you only get these questions on a singapore forum... everyone else is busy taking shots and worrying less...

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
delaflare said:
Huh?
What do you mean? Is there anyway to protect it?
They're pulling your leg because the question is ultra kiasu...

rain5533

Apr 14, 2009
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
delaflare said:
What you can done on next day or night time, when you have free, just using some wet/dry clothes to mop the hand grip or the whole body.
If got some sand and used the air blower for keep it clean and continue shoots by next day.

The others solution can be used plastic bag to put in the whole body and lens into the plastic bag and left the lens head out with cover by filter.

He he

Last edited:

Shizuma

Mar 19, 2012
I'm heading to Sentosa today and have resurrected my very old sammy sung PNS from 5 years ago. I will be carrying this instead of my DSLR. big and heavy how to enjoy the beach? some more I'm scared la. cos no budget for replacing

I stay in the east and my room face the sea, if a week at the resort will damage your camera, what will happen to mine? Camera are suppose to be able to take some salt and water. Just don't abuse your camera and it will be fine. ;)

nicorn

May 4, 2011
this is why my dslr always stay at home.

TWmilkteaTW

May 30, 2011
Pls dont be paranoid... If really scare..just keep it at home.

Top Bottom