brightness of shots... help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergo

Mar 19, 2007
Singapore
www.flickr.com
there are times you guys take photos and view it thru the lcd and found it to be dark and bluish/greenish. so usually what you guys adjust first? assuming ISO is already set nicely. shutter speed or exposure? if so, how much you guys adjust?

i hate using the built-in flash as i cant seem to know how to use it to produce a nice pic. n also i like photos that are a little to the warm side (orangey, reddish..) so i usually set my WB to cloudy etc.

i use Aperture mode most of the time so wat do i adjust first?

and if using built-in flash, do i adjust the flash output or do not?

i'm using D80 with kit lens and UV filter. just bought a 50mm prime lens but havent gotten the chance to play with it yet.

Adjust your exposure compensation.

it actually depends largely on what kind of situation you're shooting in. check your settings.
if you're shooting in low light, at ISO 100 or 200, n you're using A mode with your aperture set at 5.6 or above (smaller aperture), chances are your shots will be underexposed. also check if your exposure compensation value is tweaked (the +- sign button).

honestly, we cant tell you how much to adjust. it depends on your needs and situation, as well as what you want to achieve. like i said in your previous thread, experiment more. learn about proper exposure and how to achieve it.

the built in flash is usually not ideal. invest in a SB 600 or SB 800. if you don't mind a 2nd hand flash, go to the BnS section to source for 1. even a SB 28 or SB 80 will do fine. the guide no. (an indication of maximum flash output) is the same or thereabout (when comparing between SB 28 against SB 600, or SB 28 against SB 800). the difference between the older and newer flashes are additional technologies which the older flashes lack.

when using built in flash, whether or not you need to adjust the flash output (through flash exposure compensation values, or diffusers) will depend on your needs and situations, as mentioned before.

there is never a one size fits all solution. know what you want, and learn how to get it, through reading up books and websites, as well as experimentation. :)

there are times you guys take photos and view it thru the lcd and found it to be dark and bluish/greenish. so usually what you guys adjust first? assuming ISO is already set nicely. shutter speed or exposure? if so, how much you guys adjust?

i hate using the built-in flash as i cant seem to know how to use it to produce a nice pic. n also i like photos that are a little to the warm side (orangey, reddish..) so i usually set my WB to cloudy etc.

i use Aperture mode most of the time so wat do i adjust first?

and if using built-in flash, do i adjust the flash output or do not?

i'm using D80 with kit lens and UV filter. just bought a 50mm prime lens but havent gotten the chance to play with it yet.

best to post a picture here with exif information.

alright.. i'll try taking some pics and hopefully can show u wan i mean. thanks anyway. ;)

yup, rem to quote everything such as white balance etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.