Bridge to The Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexpangestu

Jul 19, 2009
Indonesia
www.flickr.com
3845111425_6ae4cb3a9c_o.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Please comment on the color and composition (or else).

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to show that the bridge is going to the horizon. But, where's the horizon? Like the U2's song, no line on the horizon. Well in this picture, there's a slight line on the horizon.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It is a cloudy Monday morning in Ancol Beach, Jakarta. Monday? It was August 17th, I was on a holiday. All Indonesian are on holiday. It's our Independence Day.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
Hmmm... I guess the person on the bridge who is turning his head to the left compromises the composition. The bridge lead to the boat on the horizon. But, his head screw the composition by directing viewer to the other side.

this works well enough for me.

a good choice to make this a BnW.

in my humble opinion, the title is sort of a misnomer...as the bridge (or in this case, a pier) does not readily projects itself into the horizon. it don work well becoz the end point of the bridge can be seen and well defined by the long pole. perhaps when the end of the bridge cannot be seen, like obscuring it behind itself with the rest of the bridge giving a sensation of growing smaller into the pix, it would make a better composition?

as for the human elements...they are excellent, but its the boat that's in the wrong place: its in the photo...without the boat, it would've made or a more impact photo as is.

the color treatment is good...sort of high key-ish. :)

I would like to see a bit more contrast, the greys should be darker, since there is almost none in the picture.

Otherwise, a keeper. Nice feel, works well in a cafe. Feels laid back. :thumbsup:

I agree that the the title does not translate well into what you projects it to be since the horizon is way above the edge of the pier.

However, this is really stunning, in terms of composition, bnw cnversion and mood.
I would crop out a portion of the negative whites on top and voila, a stunner!

Other that what is being told.
I think....
Sky too bright without detail?
Human being got no shadow?
Bridge got to be slight more contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.