Bridge of Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjhan

Feb 11, 2007
Following up on my previous "Dreamgrass" picture, this picture looks at grass yet again but from a different viewpoint with a different purpose.

This picture is part of an earlier series I did entitled "Pathways of Nature", where I sought out naturally-formed plants which had a physical similarity to human-crafted structures. In this picture, the cut grass is not natural but I wasn't the one who cut it nor did I put the stick there.

The main point of the series was to describe how the architecture of man has its roots in nature. C and C welcome please. Scold me hard baby!

pathways2.JPG

that is intriguing. Esp when the grass are clean cut, they look somewhat inorganic. Looking closely into the cluster it really reminds me of bridge construction.

vertical grass blades acting as support members for a horizontal element. Very nice and sharp on the foreground. and nice creamy bokeh back there!

Thanks for the comments!

Puraime: Yes, compared to just a picture with vertical elements, the horizontal and slightly diagonal stick adds an extra element of interest. The bokeh looks quite surreal as well.

Velasco: They are indeed not shaped in a natural way. That's why they resemble bridge supports.

Interesting concept and a nice clean green colour. However, the foreground is pretty distracting too... And maybe could have zoomed out a little...

very interesting concept! :thumbsup:

But wish you placed more emphasis on the 'bridge' :) Could have gone closer? :think:

concept not fully explored.

personally would prefer the bridge on top and a thicker or flatter twig. the foreground is unitdy as some had said. but maybe you are shooting from a very low angle and cant help it. :think: if you can find a gap in the grass and put the twig across, it will be more ideal.

all in all, good effort and i like that! :thumbsup:

that is intriguing. Esp when the grass are clean cut, they look somewhat inorganic. Looking closely into the cluster it really reminds me of bridge construction.

vertical grass blades acting as support members for a horizontal element. Very nice and sharp on the foreground. and nice creamy bokeh back there!

Same sentiments. Okay no originality i know but he alrdy said whats
on my mind. Like the grass is cut in such a way, giving me an idea of
a real architechtural(sorry dono how to spell) looking bridge. Can be
improvise though. Imo if there's ants or smth might be better. :dunno:
Great creative photo you've got there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How come all my critique corner pictures have people asking for insects LOL? Anyway, in this case, ants on the stick itself may not be a bad idea. Since they do use it as a bridge. Maybe I should shop some ants up eh? haha.

Hi tjhan,

I kind of like this picture because of its uniqueness. The first thing that caught my eye is the unnaturalness of the grasses (which is supposed to be sharp but in the photo, they appear to have been cut).I believe that most viewer will notice this irregularity first, which is what makes this photo so special.

However, some viewers might not be able to interpret your metaphorical representation of the image. Personally, I don't until I have read your comments. If you were to ask me about it, I will say that I see the branch as a conduit that traverses nature to take us to where we want to go. Sounds abstract? I hope not. Haha! =)

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. Not that abstract, your interpretation is. (Did I just sound like Yoda?) Anyway, while there are people, purists, who believe a photo should be able to tell it all without writeups or titles, I personally think a write up helps to guide viewers to the objective the photographer intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.