Bridal Store Owner Runs Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
take legal action also so what? as long as they cannot find the owner its moot. though what happened is fraudulent...

One of the couples getting married in 10 days time... poor thing.

I don't understand why CASE says that if other bridal stores wants to take over it should be for free???

As if they are at fault????

HS

I don't understand why CASE says that if other bridal stores wants to take over it should be for free???

As if they are at fault????

HS

"However, the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) said that if another store wishes to take over, there should be no additional charge. "

Not for free. CASE mentioned any store taking over must not charge additional on top of the package price. To me, that's sounds logical.

every shop has different packages, overhead cost. so what case states makes no sense.

even if the shop offer the same package specially foe the couple, their overhead is different, so how can you demand the same price?

There are signs that the bridal studio is going down soon as I've heard complaints(during my wedding shoot) from unpaid drivers, mua and freelance photographer that they have been delaying payment for while. Can only imagine the hell those couples are through now.....

"However, the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) said that if another store wishes to take over, there should be no additional charge. "

Not for free. CASE mentioned any store taking over must not charge additional on top of the package price. To me, that's sounds logical.
So, who is going to pay these bridal shops that are taking over then? Have the couples already paid the runaway person or not? Or, is it not possible the owner past away? And never could open the shop? hehehe

You never know........

HS

!! Gah! They try to sell you anything nowadays. Soon they will be pandering a new insurance plan that insures you against you not having an insurance plan.

One of my bride-to-be friends recommends getting wedding insurance, such as: http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/wedding/

Only $136. Guards against situations like these?

Note: I don't work for NTUC Income.

It is good for monetary benefits only imo.

The problem is on last mins changes to find bride gowns and make alterations. Brides wearing odd sizes will have sure suffer.

!! Gah! They try to sell you anything nowadays. Soon they will be pandering a new insurance plan that insures you against you not having an insurance plan.
One day they may even insure you for shooting lousy images ....:bsmilie::sweatsm:

If they pay by credi card, should be able to request for a charge back.

aiya... CASE. one of the most useless org IMO. just only talk.

Once my American friend got back her $5000 for a overpriced camera bought from Lucky Plaza within 7 weeks. She didn't even need to pay for membership fees.

aiya... CASE. one of the most useless org IMO. just only talk.

Once my American friend got back her $5000 for a overpriced camera bought from Lucky Plaza within 7 weeks. She didn't even need to pay for membership fees.

This case is as unusual as you nick. :bsmilie:

Er, did she also returned the camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.