Breathtaking Marina Scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Goh

Sep 5, 2006
This was a shot taken on the boat ride from Marina Square on a Nikon D70, 18-70mm. Considering the rocking boat on the water, I think this shot is a one in a thousand shot as I did not have time to think too much, just point and shoot shoot shoot :bigeyes: . I like the low angle shot of this photo as the usual city shots are from above; and a touch of the angle applied to the shot also makes the composition quite unique... what do you think?

Overall, I would like to think that this photo shows the beautiful scenery looking out from the Marina in a less than usual angle and composition, and at the same time draws the attention of the viewers. Please tell what do you think of this photo. :sweat: Thanks :)

Marina01.jpg

It's ok. The boat is a nice touch. Exposure could be better though.

agreed, the exposure is off. Esp the sky and the buildings... However i do love your composition on the boat heading towards the cityscape. Nice attempt. Keep shooting :)

the composition is simply:thumbsup::bigeyes:
the momment is captured beautifully

but the colors are kinda flat maybe PP and PS..will help alot...looks like you are lacking contrast in the pic and a appropriate photo filter will bring out the skies beautifully..

other than that you have a winner..:D

cheers...

I feel the same too ...
Composition :thumbsup:
Angle of shot :thumbsup:
Exposure can be improve ... could be better if you use CPL
Good effort though ... ;p to take shot on a boat

Ya colour is abit flat, maybe you took it under harsh sun light condition. Usually 4pm-5pm does give you a better colour of the nice blue sky (try a polarizer lens too). If it is haze then cant really help much. How about a B&W version? Would prefer a more side profile of Miss Merlion so that the "vomiter" can be seen more clearly. In my opinion. :D

Distortion seems rather O.O to me haha but other than that and the overexposure, it's a rather nice photo that captures the essence of Singapore :)

Distortion seems rather O.O to me haha but other than that and the overexposure, it's a rather nice photo that captures the essence of Singapore :)

Totally agree with u man!! :thumbsup:

dislikes
highlights are rather blown.
lighting doesnt make it a breathtaking picture
choppy waters are quite unpleasent (at least to me)

i love
your idea of using a low angle
your composition of capturing many of the pretty things of that area namely the merlion, the buildings, the contrasting coloured boat

things to make it better
shoot in the morning where the water is calm
or in the evening where light is good
use a ND filter to create is a silky effect on the water.
maybe abit of pp to bring contrast and colours out

cheers mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.