Breakfast Colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

timechaser

May 2, 2008
SG
Hi All.

This is one of my first photos with an SLR. Was on a holiday with friends, and we had a variety of fruit juices on the table. The colours were fascinating so I decided to take a snap. I was trying to get a clear shot highlighting the freshly squeezed juices and the beautiful colours with the photograph. Also tried to use the "depth of field" concept (remember - among my first photos with my SLR).

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, technical aspects i.e. sharpness, colours, saturation, brightness

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Learn more about photography

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Hungry as I had just arrived at the table and my friends had started on the breakfast. The picture is actually a rushed shot as I downed the three glasses soon after.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I love the way the colours play out in the three glasses. Apart from that, I realise it would be better if the juices had been equal level.

KuchingGlasses.jpg

it is one nice, simple photo you have there :D

Since you mentioned that the colors are fascinating, the photo should portray a more rich color.
Perhaps you can leave more space at the bottom, so as to show more of the glasses' reflections on the table.. since this will make the glasses look to be floating, you may add more space on top, basically more on zooming out..
i think the photo can be a little more sharper.. a faster shutter speed perhaps?
just my 2cents.. no offense ya? :D

nice attempt on the pic... :)
a lil nit pick though. i think u should choose a 'cleaner' background cause right now it is very messy and it just takes the focus away from the main subject. maybe u can also try to play ard with the level of the juices in the glass. maybe you can either make it all leveled or have it in a ascending or descending manner. just my 2 cents. cheers! :D

Would have been nicer with a more neutral background... and showing the reflections. Maybe an angled shot with no space between glasses, the fullest glass at the back...
Keep going!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.