BreadTalk - Mango Talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

feimao07

Jan 13, 2004
Evon's Heart
jason.tehpeng.com
bought tis lovely cake for vonvonz's mum in celebration of mother's day...

as per norm...took a few quick shots to make our purchases worthwhile b4 finishin' it up...

DSC_2934_2.jpg

DSC_2943_2.jpg

DSC_2951_2.jpg

;p Saliva dripping...

Stomach growling.. :p :thumbsup:

Cropping's too tight. Can't see the mango properly.

DOF is way too shallow, esp for the 3rd shot. Every part of the mango is blurred out.

I know food photographers use DOF to emphasize the food. But you'll notice that most of the food, or at least the main subject, is sharp. 3 is way off.

2 has some potential. But a lot of work still needs to be done to bring it up to par.

You got a great subject, and I was hoping to see something that did justice to the cake.

solarii said:
Cropping's too tight. Can't see the mango properly.

DOF is way too shallow, esp for the 3rd shot. Every part of the mango is blurred out.

I know food photographers use DOF to emphasize the food. But you'll notice that most of the food, or at least the main subject, is sharp. 3 is way off.

2 has some potential. But a lot of work still needs to be done to bring it up to par.

You got a great subject, and I was hoping to see something that did justice to the cake.

thx for ur comments bro...points noted...title doesn't quite suit the shots rite? :think:

i'll take note of the DOF next time... :sweatsm:

feimao07 said:
thx for ur comments bro...points noted...title doesn't quite suit the shots rite? :think:

i'll take note of the DOF next time... :sweatsm:

Title's aren't really that important for food shots, in my opinion... its really the food itself that makes or break the shot.

But since you brought it up, its usually better to just stick with the name of the food. In this case its Mango Surprise I believe?

Conventional perhaps, but what do remember about a great photo - the picture or the title ;)

Your shot:thumbsup: make me feel hungry;p

solarii said:
Title's aren't really that important for food shots, in my opinion... its really the food itself that makes or break the shot.

But since you brought it up, its usually better to just stick with the name of the food. In this case its Mango Surprise I believe?

Conventional perhaps, but what do remember about a great photo - the picture or the title ;)

icic...got it...errr...the title is correct...mango talk... :sweat:

Sorry.. wanna enquire... wat lense u use?
The shallow DOF looks interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.