BreadTalk - Mango Talk...


Status
Not open for further replies.

feimao07

Senior Member
Jan 13, 2004
997
0
16
Evon's Heart
jason.tehpeng.com
#1
bought tis lovely cake for vonvonz's mum in celebration of mother's day...

as per norm...took a few quick shots to make our purchases worthwhile b4 finishin' it up...

1.


2.


3.
 

V.V

New Member
Mar 7, 2006
275
0
0
29
^.^
#4
Stomach growling.. :p :thumbsup:
 

solarii

New Member
Oct 20, 2005
1,354
0
0
Bt. Timah
#5
Cropping's too tight. Can't see the mango properly.

DOF is way too shallow, esp for the 3rd shot. Every part of the mango is blurred out.

I know food photographers use DOF to emphasize the food. But you'll notice that most of the food, or at least the main subject, is sharp. 3 is way off.

2 has some potential. But a lot of work still needs to be done to bring it up to par.

You got a great subject, and I was hoping to see something that did justice to the cake.
 

feimao07

Senior Member
Jan 13, 2004
997
0
16
Evon's Heart
jason.tehpeng.com
#7
solarii said:
Cropping's too tight. Can't see the mango properly.

DOF is way too shallow, esp for the 3rd shot. Every part of the mango is blurred out.

I know food photographers use DOF to emphasize the food. But you'll notice that most of the food, or at least the main subject, is sharp. 3 is way off.

2 has some potential. But a lot of work still needs to be done to bring it up to par.

You got a great subject, and I was hoping to see something that did justice to the cake.
thx for ur comments bro...points noted...title doesn't quite suit the shots rite? :think:

i'll take note of the DOF next time... :sweatsm:
 

solarii

New Member
Oct 20, 2005
1,354
0
0
Bt. Timah
#8
feimao07 said:
thx for ur comments bro...points noted...title doesn't quite suit the shots rite? :think:

i'll take note of the DOF next time... :sweatsm:
Title's aren't really that important for food shots, in my opinion... its really the food itself that makes or break the shot.

But since you brought it up, its usually better to just stick with the name of the food. In this case its Mango Surprise I believe?

Conventional perhaps, but what do remember about a great photo - the picture or the title ;)
 

feimao07

Senior Member
Jan 13, 2004
997
0
16
Evon's Heart
jason.tehpeng.com
#10
solarii said:
Title's aren't really that important for food shots, in my opinion... its really the food itself that makes or break the shot.

But since you brought it up, its usually better to just stick with the name of the food. In this case its Mango Surprise I believe?

Conventional perhaps, but what do remember about a great photo - the picture or the title ;)
icic...got it...errr...the title is correct...mango talk... :sweat:
 

wiskiz

New Member
Sep 4, 2005
164
0
0
Toa Payoh
#12
Sorry.. wanna enquire... wat lense u use?
The shallow DOF looks interesting...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom