brazillian dollar on Jetstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygixs

Mar 10, 2009
hello all, just wondering anybody tried carrying the crumpler brazillian dollar on to the plane before? just want tto be sure that it will be allowed on the plane dont want to be forced to check it in with all the cameras.. if not will have to get a smaller bag. do note i will be on jetstar so very worried. also if anybody got a suggestion for a smaller bag which can fit 2 dslr with 2 short (17-55mm), one marco 100mm and one zoom 50-250, and a tripod will also be appreciated.. thanks

7 million: 2 bodies, 4 lenses: 50mm 1.4, 12-24mm, 24-105 and 24-70 without a problem
have to separately carry your tripod though

You can drop by airport and check. Why worried about Jetstar? Finally it's also the airport security who will tell you what can go into cabin luggage.

Thanks for the advice, guess will have to make a trip to the airport one day :D

approximately 18"(w) x 12"(h) x 10"(d), possible to go in?? currently carrying it with me but it is kinda bulky on the bus that is why quite worried that it may not be allowed on the plane. thanks

dimensions from the WWW seems to be W: 17.32" x H: 12.20" x D: 9.45" which translates to about 44 cm x 24 cm x 31.

quote from from jetstar website below

"For Jetstar (JQ) and Jetstar Asia/Valuair (3K/VF), dimensions of main items must not exceed 56cm (width) 36cm (height) 23cm (depth) for an overnight bag, laptop bag or briefcase.
For Jetstar Pacific (BL) dimensions of main items must not exceed 48cm (width) 34cm (height) 23cm (depth) for an overnight bag or briefcase. "

thanks for the information, guess i should have thought of checking their website.... guess i may have an issue with this bag... thanks again

You can drop by airport and check. Why worried about Jetstar? Finally it's also the airport security who will tell you what can go into cabin luggage.

I think the TS' concern is with bringing cabin luggage inside the plane based on the size not the content...

The maximum size for cabin luggage is determined by the airline.
Normally hand luggage should not exceed 56 x 45 x 25 cm (might differ in each airlines).

Are you planning to bring only your brazillian bag or also another hand luggage?
I think jetstar only allows you to hand carry 1 hand luggage (http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/travel-info/at-the-airport.aspx#bag)

Btw, just sharing my experience...
I usually bring 1 normal cabin size luggage, one 15 inch laptop in laptop sleve, and one 7 mil dollar bag (I can fit 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 30D with 24-70, 100mm macro, 50 f/1.4, flash 430EXII) :D

Of course, I usually check in my tripod inside my check in luggage..

thanks for the information, guess i should have thought of checking their website.... guess i may have an issue with this bag... thanks again

actually i think no issue. depth and height are interchangable. you only have a side that is 1cm thicker, don't think its that much of an issue.

Weight may be more of the issue if you intend to fill the bag up full of camera gear + laptop.

definitely will exceed 10kg (the jetstar limit) and also potentially damaging for your shoulder.

However, that being said, as long as you "pretend" the bag is light as a feather when you board, the staff will probably not even ask you to get the bag weighed.

Can consider the Crumpler 8 million dollar home. It's smaller than the brazillian, but bigger than 7 million in terms of height. There are partitions for stacking shorter lenses and also laptop. It's also quite a bit lighter than the Brazillian

tell me about it.. the weight of this bag is actually quite a killer, but than again, i fell for the one thing it provide, alot of cushioning... so actually looking to get a different bag now.. preferably a bag pack which i can carry oon the plane and fit a laptop too. also decided i dont want to be told on the day of travelling that i cannot carry it up the plane

Status
Not open for further replies.