Brands of Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Apr 14, 2003
Sengkang
Hi, I am new to photography and does anyone here knows what brand gives a cheap and reliable macro/wide angle lens that I can look out for???

Originally posted by Damien
Hi, I am new to photography and does anyone here knows what brand gives a cheap and reliable macro/wide angle lens that I can look out for???

Which type of lens? Lens attachments for con/prosumer digicams or SLRs?

Regards
CK

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am intending to purchase a macro/wide-angle for my Sony F707. Alan Photo quoted me a Vitacon one for $90+ (58mm). Still pondering whether to buy or not but one of my fren say its quality not very good, you have any comments?? Or do you have any good quality but not-too-ex lens to recommend????

Originally posted by Damien
Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am intending to purchase a macro/wide-angle for my Sony F707. Alan Photo quoted me a Vitacon one for $90+ (58mm). Still pondering whether to buy or not but one of my fren say its quality not very good, you have any comments?? Or do you have any good quality but not-too-ex lens to recommend????

I think macro/wide angle lens is really arround that price. Ive got mine (58mm Kenko) for almost 100$ also (i cant remember the exact price).

You may try using closeup filters for macro, but i wont bring any wider..:D

Well, okie. So is Kenko brand better than vitacon?
Any idea?

Well, okie. So is Kenko brand better than vitacon?

I wud stay away from vitacon if I were you :) Did not haf a good experience with it.

For the 7x7 series, I recommend the Sony Wide angle. You spend more, but the quality is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.