Brands of External Flash

Chilli Crab

May 23, 2009
Hi Hi every expert, I'm going to get an external flash but unable to find any useful links eg different brands reviews.

Anyone can recommend any links where I can read up?

First you go to your cam and check the maker / model :) Let us know which brand you have, we can't guess it for here.
Secondly you could check existing questions in the equipment section of your camera maker. Most people get the flash of the same brand to enjoy compatibility and full features. Another option could be the price guide, 3rd party equipment is listed there as well. Last but not least, have a look at the Mass Sales section and virtual shops in Marketplace. Plenty of original brand and 3rd party offerings.
For reviews: just key the flash model into Google, combined with the magic word 'review'. Happy reading :)

Hi Hi every expert, I'm going to get an external flash but unable to find any useful links eg different brands reviews.

What's your budget?

Some of the factors are:
1) Price (obviously)
2) Output power (usually the "Guide Number" is used, but make sure the values for distance and ISO are the same to have good comparison)
3) TTL capability?: Flash output can be controlled automatically by camera body
4) Size/weight
5) Ability to swivel in all sorts of odd angles
and so on...

hi, please state the brand/model of your camera body so that everyone can help make useful suggestions.

Hi hi...Thank u guys in advance.

Me using Nikon D300s. Use more on Macro but not getting macro ring flash yet.

Price wise not too ex just for a start. Saw Nissin and Metz...Any comments?

Any recommendation or link I can read up?

Are you asking on the brands in general or particular flash. If it was the particular flash, then just list the models out for us to advise you easier.

Next... Nissin and Metz both made good flash system and again what model are you looking at?

You may want to read THIS thread on ClubSNAP and see if you can get some ideas from there, especially from post #16 :)

If I'm not mistaken, a flash which allows easy and quick adjustment of the output power is ideal.

Are you getting a cheap or expensive flash light beside nissin which is cost S$260++.Work within your buget.

Try This... hope it help

http://www.nissindigital.com/en/di622mii.html

:)

I personally find Di622 MK II not bad.. or you can wait for the yongnuo 565 nikon mount..

Last edited: