Branded School or make yourself BRANDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Many parents send their children to Branded Schools....

So why not make your children branded.. you get it done at non branded school.

Right?

Don't understand what you're intending to discuss, but if you convert your sentence to real life brands..

Then the equivalent of what you're saying is:

Many people buy Nike to run faster.

So why not get a Nike shoe, you can get it done at non-Nike retail shops.

?!

Don't understand what you're intending to discuss, but if you convert your sentence to real life brands..

Then the equivalent of what you're saying is:

Many people buy Nike to run faster.

So why not get a Nike shoe, you can get it done at non-Nike retail shops.

?!

i think its more like...

"Many parents send their children to *fill in a name*....

So why not make your children name *fill in a name*.. you get it done at non branded school.

so moral of the story....

cannot go *beep*, name as *beep* also can...

i think its more like...

"Many parents send their children to *fill in a name*....

So why not make your children name *fill in a name*.. you get it done at non branded school.

so moral of the story....

cannot go *beep*, name as *beep* also can...
You make me even more confused. =( =( =(

Many parents send their children to Branded Schools....

So why not make your children branded.. you get it done at non branded school.

Right?

It is commonly known that there is always not enough of vacancies in popular primary schools. Parents had resorted to become a voluneer, School Advisroy Committee Member so that their children can get a place in this popular primary schools. By doing so, they expect/hope that their children can do well and eventually get into a popular secondary school.... But you can also do well in a neighbourhood school....

Yappy and happy

People refuse to admit but this mind set has deep root in us.....more so when parents with the only children or two.....they will choose to believe rather than sorry :think:

Looking at our job market.....I give you an example....if there are two candidates for a vacancy....without further evaluating and you only have 1 shot....will you opt for a NUS grad or a Informatics? :dunno:

People refuse to admit but this mind set has deep root in us.....more so when parents with the only children or two.....they will choose to believe rather than sorry :think:

Looking at our job market.....I give you an example....if there are two candidates for a vacancy....without further evaluating and you only have 1 shot....will you opt for a NUS grad or a Informatics? :dunno:

Only when you make yourself branded e.g. scoring say 6A1s in your 'O' level.. the JCs principals willl go after you and when you...... and when you.......

it is all about peer influences. If my child is going to spend like half his time in school, he better be among "good" kids.

If the kids around him is KS and study hard, it is MORE LIKELY he will do the same.

nothing is confirm but it is better to send him to a good primary school then to a lousy school.

This is a fact of life and nothing to "believe" about. Kids from good primary school on the average does better.

it is all about peer influences. If my child is going to spend like half his time in school, he better be among "good" kids.

If the kids around him is KS and study hard, it is MORE LIKELY he will do the same.

nothing is confirm but it is better to send him to a good primary school then to a lousy school.

This is a fact of life and nothing to "believe" about. Kids from good primary school on the average does better.

very true...

kids are not self motivated, mostly are peer motivated... so if peer play, all play, if peer study, all study...

very true...

kids are not self motivated, mostly are peer motivated... so if peer play, all play, if peer study, all study...

yup.kids in primary sch usually see and do. Usually,they wont think whether it's right or wrong.When someone does something,the kid will perceive it as the right thing to do and do the same thing.So parents sending kids to a good primary school is okay,naturally they want to give the best to their own.(that's how i feel..no offence) =)

very true...

if peer want branded bags, all want branded bags, if peer carry latest gadget, all carry latest gadget? :sweat:

Poor parent .... :sweat:

if peer want branded bags, all want branded bags, if peer carry latest gadget, all carry latest gadget? :sweat:

Poor parent .... :sweat:

bo pian...

but strange enuff thou... i am a weird kid since young... and i always do opposite of everybody else...

ppl do homework, i dun do... :devil:
ppl use wooden pencil, i carry 5 shakers...
ppl use 3 color pen, i use 8 color pen (and dunno what color i have)

well, if coming from well to do family, and well to do class, if 1 got a NDSL, i think all will throw their NDS to change to NDSL... if 1 get ipod, all get ipod... only diff is they will get different color... and most likely each fight for different color and say theirs chioer... or get limited edition Pikachu or FF version...

bo pian...

but strange enuff thou... i am a weird kid since young... and i always do opposite of everybody else...

ppl do homework, i dun do... :devil:
ppl use wooden pencil, i carry 5 shakers...
ppl use 3 color pen, i use 8 color pen (and dunno what color i have)

well, if coming from well to do family, and well to do class, if 1 got a NDSL, i think all will throw their NDS to change to NDSL... if 1 get ipod, all get ipod... only diff is they will get different color... and most likely each fight for different color and say theirs chioer... or get limited edition Pikachu or FF version...

You elite mah ... that's why different ... :sweat: :bsmilie:

Well being from a branded school gives one a head start in life. Reasoning being the friends you make are most likely children of powerful people, while a neighbourhood school, their parents are you typical heartlanders. Nothing wrong with that just that reasoning why elites stick togther is because they studied together and fostered a bond that cannot be fostered in other ways. That is why our most brillant and almost all of our minister's children are educated in overseas universities. To let them foster bonds with the future leaders of other countries, leaders in business, politics, medicine etc etc....

It is commonly known that there is always not enough of vacancies in popular primary schools. Parents had resorted to become a voluneer, School Advisroy Committee Member so that their children can get a place in this popular primary schools. By doing so, they expect/hope that their children can do well and eventually get into a popular secondary school.... But you can also do well in a neighbourhood school....

Yappy and happy

FINALLY! i was starting to wonder when one would come along and blab about "branded" schools.
Hey, getting into a good primary school gives one a HUGE advantage in life. Of course, you can say hey! if you work hard you may still get into a good school at secondary level.
BUT, assuming this little kid goes into a school were everyone there is "NSK"...Vulgarities spew everynow and then...people sleeping with each other...Financial problems are a norm to everyone etc etc (extreme case)..WOW whats new.
as compared to a school of the elites. your classmate's dad is some highly educated doctor, or in short, well learned..this would lead to a better upbringing of the entire school's population and by immersing yourself in this well-upbringing population, you subconciously also becomes well-upbringed.

Furthermore, getting into a good school like SCGS ACSP MGS means an affliation to SCGS or ACSI MGS which is affliated to ACJC etc...as compared to XYZ primary affliated to XYZ secondary..WOW ;p

go figure.

FINALLY! i was starting to wonder when one would come along and blab about "branded" schools.
Hey, getting into a good primary school gives one a HUGE advantage in life. Of course, you can say hey! if you work hard you may still get into a good school at secondary level.
BUT, assuming this little kid goes into a school were everyone there is "NSK"...Vulgarities spew everynow and then...people sleeping with each other...Financial problems are a norm to everyone etc etc (extreme case)..WOW whats new.
as compared to a school of the elites. your classmate's dad is some highly educated doctor, or in short, well learned..this would lead to a better upbringing of the entire school's population and by immersing yourself in this well-upbringing population, you subconciously also becomes well-upbringed.

Furthermore, getting into a good school like SCGS ACSP MGS means an affliation to SCGS or ACSI MGS which is affliated to ACJC etc...as compared to XYZ primary affliated to XYZ secondary..WOW ;p

go figure.

As the saying goes, it is not what you know but who you know that matters.

im brand conscious!!

but somehow, results doesnt allow me into branded schools.. LOL:bsmilie:

both of them are sux. Only teach u theories and all the BS

Status
Not open for further replies.