Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesypoofs

Jun 21, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
IMG_7724.jpg

Got the IDfrom simonsng's post..here's my take

BTW, is this a moth? looks like one because of the feathered antennae..

Camera model: Canon EOS 10D w/ Sigma 50-500mm
Date/Time: 2004:06:13 13:24:37
Resolution: 800 x 533
Flash used: Yes
Focal length: 266.0mm (35mm equivalent: 1623mm)
Exposure time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/10.0
ISO equiv.: 400
Metering Mode: matrix
Support: Manfrotto monopod

cheesypoofs said:
IMG_7724.jpg

Got the IDfrom simonsng's post..here's my take

BTW, is this a moth? looks like one because of the feathered antennae..

Camera model: Canon EOS 10D w/ Sigma 50-500mm
Date/Time: 2004:06:13 13:24:37
Resolution: 800 x 533
Flash used: Yes
Focal length: 266.0mm (35mm equivalent: 1623mm)
Exposure time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/10.0
ISO equiv.: 400
Metering Mode: matrix
Support: Manfrotto monopod

much nicer than mine :thumbsup:

nice shot esp the exposure and detail

would prefer a tighter crop esp. at the left side :)

So u managed to visit Sime Forest on Sunday? :D Nice one there. :thumbsup: Yes, this is a butterfly, not a moth. Whites are just a touch over, maybe next time round try lowering your flash output. And yes, what mega said. A bit 'unbalanced' feel to the pic, crop out some of the space on the left prolly.

Garion said:
So u managed to visit Sime Forest on Sunday? :D Nice one there. :thumbsup: Yes, this is a butterfly, not a moth. Whites are just a touch over, maybe next time round try lowering your flash output. And yes, what mega said. A bit 'unbalanced' feel to the pic, crop out some of the space on the left prolly.

Thanks for the tips!

We went to the area, but went in through the wrong entrance I think. Ended up in MacRitchie Nature trail. Is the Sime forest near the Sime track (as shown on the map there)?

cheesypoofs said:
Thanks for the tips!

We went to the area, but went in through the wrong entrance I think. Ended up in MacRitchie Nature trail. Is the Sime forest near the Sime track (as shown on the map there)?
Yup, Sime Forest is at the Sime track there, nearer to SICC clubhouse I believe (been there only once so far). There is a ranger station there.

cheesypoofs said:
Thanks for the tips!

you were there on Sunday right? with your GF?

a easier way beside walking through the Nature trail is, venus road, pass SICC.. should find a road on the left leading to some water storage facility.. walk on the side till u reach to the ranger station

simonsng said:
you were there on Sunday right? with your GF?

a easier way beside walking through the Nature trail is, venus road, pass SICC.. should find a road on the left leading to some water storage facility.. walk on the side till u reach to the ranger station

yes that was me...I think I saw you also

We drove in through SICC and parked at the visitor car park. We took the entrance near the visitor car park, across the road. Are you saying that I should go further down that road to another entrance?

Thanks!

cheesypoofs said:
yes that was me...I think I saw you also

We drove in through SICC and parked at the visitor car park. We took the entrance near the visitor car park, across the road. Are you saying that I should go further down that road to another entrance?

Thanks!

ya, go thru SICC.. u shld then see oen road on the left and another on the right.. turn left and drive to the end

Status
Not open for further replies.