brand of Camera for underwater diving

Tchow

Aug 13, 2010
HI

would like to find out which brand is preferred for underwater diving : Canon or Nikon?

;p

both canon and nikon camera will die if you bring it diving...

you need to have some sort of waterproofing...

both canon and nikon camera will die if you bring it diving...

you need to have some sort of waterproofing...

Not all...

There is one Nikon that will work... Or Kodak.. depending on how you want to refer to the camera.

http://gizmodo.com/5532611/the-secret-behind-the-mysterious-digital-nikonos-camera

But if you shoot film, you can still buy these used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikonos

Last edited:
OH thanks Daredevil bro, i didn't know about that one~!!! haha.. when in army that time, singapore never provide such stuff... LOL..

cheers~!

hahaha... slightly over 100 are made only. And all went to US military. And all are black and white only.

Film nikonos you can still buy. I saw one in Peninsular once I think.

Last edited:
hahaha... slightly over 100 are made only. And all went to US military. And all are black and white only.

Film nikonos you can still buy. I saw one in Peninsular once I think.

wa, US only, ya i guess their tech is really high level for their military...

haha, no la, no thanks.. will just stick to my little 500D.. not intending to go diving anytime soon anyway.. lol..

wa, US only, ya i guess their tech is really high level for their military...

haha, no la, no thanks.. will just stick to my little 500D.. not intending to go diving anytime soon anyway.. lol..

This was quite a while back already. The internal sensor is 1.3MP black and white.

I think they probably have some kickass underwater camera now.

This was quite a while back already. The internal sensor is 1.3MP black and white.

I think they probably have some kickass underwater camera now.

ok, we better stop discussing this, later Mod say we hijack people's thread..

to TS, you can get any camera then get the right underwater casing to bring for diving.. just make sure you check got no leaks~!!

you don't want your 7D or nikon D3 to drink any sea water~!

ok, we better stop discussing this, later Mod say we hijack people's thread..

to TS, you can get any camera then get the right underwater casing to bring for diving.. just make sure you check got no leaks~!!

you don't want your 7D or nikon D3 to drink any sea water~!

Yes, and once you get your underwater casing, before every dive always be vigilant to check all your oil seals and O rings to make sure they are ok.

from my understanding.... most DSLR underwater photograher uses Nikon instead of Canon... if prosumer, then it'll be Canon G9 G10 and G11