Brand new Sanyo 2500mA battery spoilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiaksimi

Oct 2, 2004
west
I just bought a couple of brand new Sanyo 2500mA AA rechargables and during my 1st charge using a Maha charger (MH-C401FS), there is a red LED flashing for a battery, indicating that it's a bad battery (at least that's what the user guide states).
Any idea if I can replace this bad battery ? is it under warranty ?

Where you bought them from?

in one of the MO in this forum

Hmmm...

I have not checked mine yet. But when I unwrapped the batteries, a few of them felt a bit "sticky" and somewhat "oily". I was in a rush for another appointment and thought nothing of it.

I should charge them tonight and test them.

[crossing my fingers]

Cheers.

How do we test if its a bad battery if we don't have one of those advanced chargers? Will a successful use after a charge indicate that it is working fine?

jiaksimi said:
in one of the MO in this forum

Whcih MO?
I also gotten 3 packs from 1 of the MO.
Think must check mine too tonight..

Maybe you can check with the PIC of the MO ?

jiaksimi said:
I just bought a couple of brand new Sanyo 2500mA AA rechargables and during my 1st charge using a Maha charger (MH-C401FS), there is a red LED flashing for a battery, indicating that it's a bad battery (at least that's what the user guide states).
Any idea if I can replace this bad battery ? is it under warranty ?
Hi Jiaksimi,
If the brand new one battery and really bad battery or does it really spoilt? If it is really spoilt and the battery being bought by the MO that i had created, i will bring it to the supplier and exchange for u.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Caspere said:
Hmmm...

I have not checked mine yet. But when I unwrapped the batteries, a few of them felt a bit "sticky" and somewhat "oily". I was in a rush for another appointment and thought nothing of it.

[crossing my fingers]

Cheers.
A bit sticky bcos they had double side tape on the casing itself. You can try to buy it in shopping centre or other place, it is still the same bcos all of the stock still come from sanyo.

Hey guys ....relaxed lah ....before you start jumping and asking the MO fella for a replacement or refund. The poor fella was just doing you guys a favour. Try the following :

1. For those with the advanced MAHA charger, you are right to say when it does a initial 'refresh' before charging, it will indicate a 'blinking red' light if it is a faulty batt ( as per manual ). From my personal experience, it would most probably be due to a bad, i.e. 'dirty' contact from either your charger or batts. So, just clean them up with some cotton bud. It should work just fine after 'cleaning'.

2. For first charge, do a SLOW charge ..let the MAHA charger deplete any charge totally prior to re-charging.

3. The charge on these batteries does 'leak' pretty quickly if left unused for a long period of time. So, make sure you use them regularly to 'condition' the batteries.

I hope these helps.... dun :flame: hor :)

i see.... never use intelligent batt charger before so a bit panic when see the "bad battery" led showing. case of high technology back-firing haha...
Hopefully cleaning the contact points will solve the problem

Caspere said:
Hmmm...

[crossing my fingers]

Cheers.

every new pack of battery comes with a double side tape inside. Don ask me why .. I also hv to remove them

for oily wise .. hv nto encounter it

JIAKSIMI,
the prob may not be with the batt itself
try switching the power outlet/point

This sounds stupid but i once had a batt like this and i drop it from a height of approx 50cm, it will charge and work fine. But kinda troublesome....have to keep dropping the batt before every charge. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.