Brand new D70s kit for $1228?!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a9ape

Jul 21, 2004
I was shopping around at Lucky Plaza for a brand new D70s kit. All the prices offered there were way better than the usual photo-equipment shops in Peninsular. However this shop owner really stunned me when he offered me a D70s kit for $1228.

He quoted me $1150 for the body only and with an additional $78 I could get the kit. This is both inclusive of a warranty but not freebies.

Is this too good to be true? Usually the body is at least $1350 and the kit is at least $1650.

The deal was too fishy for me to commit to him on the spot.

Has anybody shopped for equipment at Lucky Plaza???

Watch out... Ask him if it comes with the camera strap, battery, charger etc. etc... Usually they'll take out those and charge u more for 'em, hence u pay more in the end...

Cheers,
Nick

wow... if got warranty n everythin in the box, just grab...ha...
ever ask for price of D200? I dnt mind getting a backup set if cheapcheap... :bsmilie:

becareful of such offers...check everything.

Maybe he see you is ask for fun only so give you ridiculous price.

Tomorrow you go back say you want to take up his offer is another different price already.:D

there was once.. some shop quote me a super low price....

immediately i said i wanted it. he went to check his so called stock and told me no more... :nono:

hey you got the address? maybe i go ask

if its too gd to be true, it IS too gd to be true....

just be prepared when u wanna buy the set...they tell u its out of stock and try to sell u something else (at much inflated prices) instead! an old sales trick....

:bsmilie:

Sounds like Sim Lim Tower shops' practices in the old days !!!

erik said:
there was once.. some shop quote me a super low price....

immediately i said i wanted it. he went to check his so called stock and told me no more... :nono:

It maybe before 5% GST.

They maybe took out the BM-5 LCD protector, and sell to you $60, and say you only can buy the camera with this BM-5 or they won't sell the camera. Check the included accessories in the box. It is happend to me last year in peninsula plaza.

It is common practice in Lucky Plaza. They will quote you low price, but when you really keen to buy, they will say you need to buy another thing or they will simply say no stock. If you ask "can I get the unit that is in your display", they will say can not. They need the display unit. Tourist shop :angry: .

Lords camera and watches in Lucky Plaza still OK. But be carefull, you need to talk to correct person also. Better to check the price first via phone before go down to the Lords.

Regards,
Arto.

I'm not sure. This guy somehow didn't seem to know his stuff. I was trying to double check with him that he didn't mix up the D70s with the D50.

I was quite aprehensive so I called up Nikon. They said there's a possibility that the warranty is from Malaysia or fake or like you guys said that some items inside are missing.

I'm going back there again but this time, I'm going to bring a friend just to double check.

I was walking around there and some of the deals were pretty good. There's this shop that actually throwing in a 2Gb CF card for quite a low price.

Don't know whether Lucky Plaza is a equipment heaven or hell.....

Does anybody know how to tell the set is not a clean fresh set?

Nikon Singapore did give me some guidelines with regards to the warranty.

There are 3 sheets of paper of which the first 2 are yellow and carbonized and the last piece is white. Must ensure that your warranty is from Nikon Singapore. If its an overseas warranty, Nikon Singapore will charge you repair cost everytime you send it back.

That's quite a price to pay

When I asked them for a name card, they told me they have given them all out and when I asked for the name card of his colleagues he said he doesn't have a single piece. He was quick to ignore me after that.

They actually offered me $1100 for the body only and he said if i wanted the kit its an additional $128. It really doesn't make sense for a brand new lens to be $128.

a9ape said:
Don't know whether Lucky Plaza is a equipment heaven or hell.....

the shorter "H" i was con there many years back during schooling time... they really remove some parts n replace with lousy parts...

maybe my face was too kiddy for them... so must con must con! :devil:

a9ape said:
They actually offered me $1100 for the body only and he said if i wanted the kit its an additional $128. It really doesn't make sense for a brand new lens to be $128.

maybe he give you 18-55kit lens

Status
Not open for further replies.