Bracketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alloymist

Jan 15, 2007
Singapore
Hi. Hope the experts help can help me with this newbie question. What's bracketing for/about?

Thanks.

It is a method to make several exposures, some greater and some less than the exposure that is calculated to be correct. Bracketing allows for error and permits selection of the best exposure when viewing through your images.

Hi. Hope the experts help can help me with this newbie question. What's bracketing for/about?

Thanks.
To get correct exposure. In difficult lightning, bracketing is used with normal exposure, - exposure, + exposure. The amount of -/+ is depend on user, it is between 1/3 - 2 stops. So, afterthat you can select which one between 3 shoots (or any number of shoot) that have better exposure to your like.

Another one is get the correct White Balance. Similar like above, but now it - and + the White Balance temperature. So, afterthat you can select which one between 3 shoots (or any number of shoot) that have better white balance to your like.

Normally camera bracketing is 3 shoots. Some camera have offer 2 shoots only.

Regards,
Arto.

I press the BKT button on my D80 & set 3F 2.0
I want it to give me 3 shots, of which 2 shots will have 2-stops under/over-expose.

After i press the shutter, i only see ONE jpg lei. Am i missing something? :dunno:

I press the BKT button on my D80 & set 3F 2.0
I want it to give me 3 shots, of which 2 shots will have 2-stops under/over-expose.

After i press the shutter, i only see ONE jpg lei. Am i missing something? :dunno:

hehe that is because you have to fire off your shutter 3 times and each time the camera will adjust the compensation for you. WHen in this mode, always remember to fire 3 shots each set though if not, it will mess up your next 3 shots set. Read your manual for more details on how to set it and use it. This is usually gret for still life stuff or things that does not move too fast. Because you have to shot 3 shots, moving objects will be moving thus no 3 shots will be the same...along with some variable of compensation too.

hehe that is because you have to fire off your shutter 3 times and each time the camera will adjust the compensation for you. WHen in this mode, always remember to fire 3 shots each set though if not, it will mess up your next 3 shots set. Read your manual for more details on how to set it and use it. This is usually gret for still life stuff or things that does not move too fast. Because you have to shot 3 shots, moving objects will be moving thus no 3 shots will be the same...along with some variable of compensation too.

Aiya, like that one ar! I thot Bracketing means i shoot once, the camera gives me 3 simultaneous shots with 3 different exposures.. :what:

Aiya, like that one ar! I thot Bracketing means i shoot once, the camera gives me 3 simultaneous shots with 3 different exposures.. :what:

Don't think any DSLR can do that yet. I only know SE K800i can take 9 shots simultaneously when you press the shutter, but it wouldn't vary the exposure :bsmilie:

hehehehe....brudder...you should be lucky with the DSLR. If you are still shooting with film base cameras, you not only have to snap 3 shots, you have to adjust each exposure compensation on the dial too!!! Imagine that! LOL

hehehehe....brudder...you should be lucky with the DSLR. If you are still shooting with film base cameras, you not only have to snap 3 shots, you have to adjust each exposure compensation on the dial too!!! Imagine that! LOL

Maybe for the older film camera, but I think most modern film camera can do auto bracketing also. At least my Canon film SLR can....

I think setting to continuous mode will at least let you do the 3 shots almost simultaneously :)

I think setting to continuous mode will at least let you do the 3 shots almost simultaneously :)

Ya, but to make full use of the new HDR technology, i guess u need to use a Tripod & your subject must be the static type. :sweat:

oh.... Think I understand better now. Thought bracketing is only for HDR stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.