Bracketing on D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkcheah

Dec 24, 2003
Haig Road, Singapore
Hi fellow Nikonians,

Wondering if anyone has used the bracketing function on their D70 and ever encountered any problems before?

On my D70, I enabled the Auto Bracketing. Once enabled, I can see the bracketing icon blinking on the status panel. And with the sub command dial, I am able to select the shots/EV step. But after setting those up, I tried some test shots, but each time, there's just one single image produced. I would expect 3 images produced with the respective EV steps for the 3F combination. Likewise, it is the same result for all other combinations. Each of them produce just one image only.

I recalled from my old CP5700 that I could get several different exposures of the same image when turned on the bracketing feature. But doesn't seem to be the way for D70.

I re-checked the instructions from the manual but couldn't find any clue as to what could be wrong.

Is there a limitation on what exposure mode or vari-program mode I could use? Does the bracketing works with P mode?

Appreciate advise on how to get this to work. Thanks in advance.

-WK

You need to press the shutter to capture the exposure. It doesn't do that automatically, though it will show the progress on the display.

...yah...you need to click it 3 times (or 2 times depending on your selection). It doesn't do them automatically. In fact if you enabled noise reduction for long exposure it will take a while before each exposure is featured on the LCD...roughly about 3 ~ 5 secs.

It's not a problem for me cos I use it for night landscape - static stuff so...

However...remember to disengage the Bracketing if your next shot doesn't need it.

Cheers

Picard said:
...yah...you need to click it 3 times (or 2 times depending on your selection). It doesn't do them automatically. In fact if you enabled noise reduction for long exposure it will take a while before each exposure is featured on the LCD...roughly about 3 ~ 5 secs.

It's not a problem for me cos I use it for night landscape - static stuff so...

However...remember to disengage the Bracketing if your next shot doesn't need it.

Cheers

Hmmm... Nikon didn't mention this on their D70 manual :think: and I didn't know I've got to press the shuttle few times to capture the different EV steps. In my old CP5700, i just need to press the shuttle once and the three exposures gets captured automatically... It wouldn't make sense then because my hands could have moved and I could get a different angle for each of the EV steps. :dunno:

OK. Will go try it out tonight when i get home.

Thanks for the advice.

-WK

wkcheah said:
Hmmm... Nikon didn't mention this on their D70 manual :think: and I didn't know I've got to press the shuttle few times to capture the different EV steps. In my old CP5700, i just need to press the shuttle once and the three exposures gets captured automatically... It wouldn't make sense then because my hands could have moved and I could get a different angle for each of the EV steps. :dunno:

OK. Will go try it out tonight when i get home.

Thanks for the advice.

-WK
Set to continuous shutter and hold down the shutter release, and the D70 will take the number of shots required according to your bracketing settings.

Manual, page 89.

Regards

wkcheah said:
Is there a limitation on what exposure mode or vari-program mode I could use? Does the bracketing works with P mode?

wkcheah said:
Hmmm... Nikon didn't mention this on their D70 manual :think:

hmmm... i wonder if you really read the manual :think:

Yeah, just set it to burst mode. For exposure bracketing, press the shutter and maintain till 3 or whatever frames are up. For WB bracketing, just 1 shot is enough. Just press and hold, release when the cam stops shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.