Bracketing and White balance probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

leithunder

Dec 14, 2006
hey guys! wats bracketing? read it in the D80 manual but still have no idea! Also.. under flourecent lightings.. i change my white balance settings and the compensation +vely.. but i still get this warm reddish tone in the pic.. how do i change this effect? besides using PS ;)

I was reading about bracketing on the D80 manual yesterday nite too..:)
Oso dunno wat it mean....:sweat:

i like to try to ans noob qns, cos besides learning from pros..that's how noobs like me can learn too...

anyway bracketing... ok if u're familiar with ur camera's exposure settings, u would be able to adjust the exposure value from 0 to either more or less... up to 2 stops in either direction. Bracketing is when u set the camera to take 3 shots, one is of cos at zero compensation, one at -1, last @ 1. The range of the bracketing can be up to u...1/3 stop (-1/3, 0, 1/3) or 1.5 (-1.5, 0, 1.5). How the camera takes these 3 shots is up to the drive mode..if it's in continuous, the cam's next 3 shots will be like that w/o releasing the shutter. If in single shot mode... ur 1st shot would be 0, then next shutter release is -1, next would be +1 (the order dpens on ur cam).

Why do that? for lighting conditions where u're not certain...u bracket so that u can have 3 shots of different exposure compensations..just in case u miss the moment... heh..

any pros got stuff to add? i not very certain myself

shoot raw and adjust/bracket later! :thumbsup:

for the reddish shots..u mean that under fluorescent lighting, u switched WB to fluorescent and still compensate? wouldnt that be over compensation?

shoot raw and adjust/bracket later! :thumbsup:

I think shooting raw is not a very good option for beginners and people who don't have time. If you're travelling, using jpeg would save you a lot of time. Imagine post-processing thousands of photos. Bracketing in this case would be sufficient to ensure correct exposures.

Status
Not open for further replies.