BR-2A doesn't fit with 28mm Ai-s lense

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
Hi All,

I got a BR-2A from other, and try to fit on my 28 AI-S, but it seems the thread can't get engaged, both thread looks on.. and i tried few filter and can screw nicely on the 28mm lense, and i try 2 other lense and no problem with this BR-2A...

now i wonder have anyone has problem like this?

My BR2A fits well with my 4 other 52mm thread size lenses.
Though i never tried before a 28mm, i would believe it should fit nicely

You tried on another 52mm filter thread lens so far ?
Is the BR-2A the original Nikon silver rim metal ?
Did you check if the 28mm AI-S threads are intact or stripped?

Ryan

My BR2A fits well with my 4 other 52mm thread size lenses.
Though i never tried before a 28mm, i would believe it should fit nicely

You tried on another 52mm filter thread lens so far ?
Is the BR-2A the original Nikon silver rim metal ?
Did you check if the 28mm AI-S threads are intact or stripped?

Ryan

Check again, the thread on lense is okay too, and UV filter has no problem on it too. and the BR-2A is okay on other lense too..and also okay with the UV filter..

the B2-2A filter looks okay and work fine too...but just not on my 28mm AI-s, i do a search on internet, a guy has problem with 28mm AI-S too.. wonder is it same situation..

Specifically what lens? f2.8? f3.5?...

2.8 AI-S...somehow i feel the thread on the lense is like very thin.. but not problem for filter..guess these 2 just doesn't match for my case. the reverse ring do fit well with other lense.. yet the lense also fit well with other filter..but when i try the BR2A on the lense..it is like the lense is slightly bigger and the BR2A can just go all the way..I tried to put away a bit so that both thread are near to each..then it seems they never able to engaged.. do u think a lense thread will 'expand'? since it is an old lense.

2.8 AI-S...somehow i feel the thread on the lense is like very thin.. but not problem for filter..guess these 2 just doesn't match for my case. the reverse ring do fit well with other lense.. yet the lense also fit well with other filter..but when i try the BR2A on the lense..it is like the lense is slightly bigger and the BR2A can just go all the way..I tried to put away a bit so that both thread are near to each..then it seems they never able to engaged.. do u think a lense thread will 'expand'? since it is an old lense.

How about mounting the BR-2A on the UV filter instead of directly on the filter thread of the lens?

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Ltuw

i think it seems someone has similar problem? i suspect that certain batch of 28mm AI-S has very thin thread?

i can mount the BR-2A on UV filter instead of directly on lense , but will that distance increasement introduct any vignetting? thanks..

I've used a br-2a on an UV filter mounted on a 50mm when doing reverse macro, no vignetting.
But it's a 50mm lens thou... Maybe u can try it out, I'm quite sure it shouldn't cause any vignetting on ur 28mm.

I think that's the only solution to ur problem now... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.