Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldier

Oct 29, 2006
Hi all first time taking human snaps. Can tell me how i can improve? Pic straight from camera, only resized. thanks :D

boy6.jpg

ok noted for the focusing and head room. I should show the whole hand right? Thanks for your comments

ok noted for the focusing and head room. I should show the whole hand right? Thanks for your comments

not necessary the whole hand should be seen, but this shot, the hand look weird. this type of shot, a full face would work too, else a 3/4 body shot also can.

try to do manual focusing next time, or DMF, if your camera have it, focus on the eye.

Either that or crop tighter to avoid showing the elbow. ;)

Focusing seems a lil off too. After checking the exif, I can guess why.. :bsmilie:

Try using f2.8 - f4 instead. I know you're trying for maximum bokeh, but at f1.4, the DOF is too thin... so the subject appears very soft... ;)

Either that or crop tighter to avoid showing the elbow. ;)

Focusing seems a lil off too. After checking the exif, I can guess why.. :bsmilie:

Try using f2.8 - f4 instead. I know you're trying for maximum bokeh, but at f1.4, the DOF is too thin... so the subject appears very soft... ;)

thanks man. ok i will play around with apertures next time.

Another question, should I be composing my shoot to minimise crops, or should i just shoot away and crop later? thanks!

not necessary the whole hand should be seen, but this shot, the hand look weird. this type of shot, a full face would work too, else a 3/4 body shot also can.

try to do manual focusing next time, or DMF, if your camera have it, focus on the eye.

thanks DCA. will know wat to do next time. :)

thanks man. ok i will play around with apertures next time.

Another question, should I be composing my shoot to minimise crops, or should i just shoot away and crop later? thanks!

Compose. Always try to keep the image as intact as possible to maximise the picture quality. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.