Boy with "light"wave at the bottom....

bucsy

Aug 26, 2009
4509056461_f12d534974_b.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Every and anything

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
wanted to create a wave like cloud under the subject.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This was taken with a flash and the timing set at 1.6secs. I was trying out to see what happens when i move my camera in a direction when the shutter is still closed..
The picture was taken as a candid shot. the subject did not post for the picture or anything.. In fact the subject did not want me to take the picture..

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like it very much... The subject is sharp and the wave at the bottom makes it even better...

How do you manage to get an exposure when your camera's shutter is still closed. Some technique that I would like to learn.

How do you manage to get an exposure when your camera's shutter is still closed. Some technique that I would like to learn.

I bet he meant open ...:sweat: but i think he used a flash so the subject is frozen then he moved the camera and the back lights cause the light waves .and as it is quite dark (at night) the boy dosent create a "smudge"

Ooppsssss. Yea I mean open.. Thanks Recoil..

The subject was not frozen... He was moving around and did not want to let me take that photo..

Ooppsssss. Yea I mean open.. Thanks Recoil..

The subject was not frozen... He was moving around and did not want to let me take that photo..

what he meant was you froze the subject using a flash..... so that even though he is running, you froze him when the flash hits ur subject.