Bounced and Shoot through

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
I can't figure out why my shoot through lighting seems more harsh than my reflected light from the same umbrella. Umbrella is a 2 in 1 with a silver and white inside tat is detachable to get a white shoot through.

why the sun light on cloudy day are so soft? and on a sunny day are so harsh?

simple answer, softness of light are related of the size and distant of light source to the subject.

same distance, same power. all else being equal, my shoot through seems to be harsher than the reflected ones. close to 0 ambient light most of the time.

same distance, same power. all else being equal, my shoot through seems to be harsher than the reflected ones. close to 0 ambient light most of the time.

Reflected light is actually slightly further away and at a lower power. Thus not so harsh.

I can't figure out why my shoot through lighting seems more harsh than my reflected light from the same umbrella. Umbrella is a 2 in 1 with a silver and white inside tat is detachable to get a white shoot through.

Do you remove the shoot-thru layer before using silver side.?

cannot take out that layer leh. :sweatsm:

I think that is the reason. The light is diffused 2 times, going through that layer and reflect back and go through that layer again.

Let me take a look one day. I'm sure there's ways to solve the problem.

you tested both with the same set up (same flash), at the same location, with the same subject, on the same setting (power output), also the same distant between the flash (head) and the subject?

you tested both with the same set up (same flash), at the same location, with the same subject, on the same setting (power output), also the same distant between the flash (head) and the subject?

yup. i just took down the cover and flip the thing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.