Bounce Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
I made a bounce card from some plastic I got from Popular. There the picture and results.

PICT0080.JPG

Bounce Card

PICT0074.JPG

Without Bounce Card on Flash

PICT00751.JPG

BOunce Card on the Flash

catchlights said:
Done this before, you can cut the card the other way round, so the card will no bent easily.
Thanks for info

hehe nice job. looks way better than mine. -_-" keke, but then again my flash aint a dedicated one so.. no worries for me there..

Hey, looks like the same material that I use for my bounce card. I bought my white plastic sheet from Popular too:bsmilie: Except that I use velcro instead of rubber band to hold my bounce card.

I just realise there another use for my bounce card. You can use it as a fan on thoses hot days when you are taking photographs.

I made one when I first got my flash too.... Guess what? It's also a plastic file from Popular!!!:bsmilie:

Couldn't justify paying $18 for a simple plastic card from the shops. Mine cost just $2.50 (GST included)!:thumbsup: I attached it with double rubber bands, those that's around our shorts/underwear type....

Most importantly, it works great!!!!!:cool:

Forgot to mention that my Bounce Card is double sided. Here are the pictures and results:

White.JPG

Light Side

Black1.JPG

Dark Side

No_bounce_card.JPG

No Bounce Card

Bounce_card_white.JPG

Light Side of the force

Bounce_card_black.JPG

Dark Side of the force

Hmmm why make a black bounce card? Kinda defeats the purpose. Making yr flash work harder and it reduces the effective range.

solarii said:
Hmmm why make a black bounce card? Kinda defeats the purpose. Making yr flash work harder and it reduces the effective range.

I added the black as I notice that the white card was rather transparent and didn't want any light to be loss in the bounce. Anyway with or without the card the flash power is the same. Anyway I just wanted to see the results.:bsmilie:

is there like, standard dimensions on making a bounce card or something like that?

metallilan said:
is there like, standard dimensions on making a bounce card or something like that?
Not that I know of. :dunno: Just joking. It should be big enough to fan yourself.

smtan24 said:
Not that I know of. :dunno: Just joking. It should be big enough to fan yourself.

for mine its just a glued piece of hardened paper[those used for postcards that type], width is about the same as my external flash's width...the length i'm too lazy to check ;p

but how effective is the bounce card? i mean like what situations does it win over a regular omnibounce and etc.

metallilan said:
for mine its just a glued piece of hardened paper[those used for postcards that type], width is about the same as my external flash's width...the length i'm too lazy to check ;p

but how effective is the bounce card? i mean like what situations does it win over a regular omnibounce and etc.

Don't know man.:dunno: Just go to this site:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Sto-Fen-Omnibounce.aspx

Jus wondering is it worth it ? lookls like so troublesome and all that time spent making it, I rather go buy one $8 AP or $18 TK.

solarii said:

black... can use during fireworks...

kenele said:
Jus wondering is it worth it ? lookls like so troublesome and all that time spent making it, I rather go buy one $8 AP or $18 TK.

$2.50 and 30 mins.
If spolit or lost, won't feel the heart pain.

kelccm said:
Hey, looks like the same material that I use for my bounce card. I bought my white plastic sheet from Popular too:bsmilie: Except that I use velcro instead of rubber band to hold my bounce card.

2nd the velcro. I initally started off using rubber bands too but it gets broken/less elastic and it really doesn't look elegant. With velcro it's also easier to shift the bouce card between landscape/portrait orientations.

Ah Pao said:
2nd the velcro. I initally started off using rubber bands too but it gets broken/less elastic and it really doesn't look elegant. With velcro it's also easier to shift the bouce card between landscape/portrait orientations.

or if u still got frens in NS or have access to the camp's mama shops (not emart), those big black tough rubber bands will do just as well. i'm using those instead of velcros cos it will leave sticky residue on my flash head.

dunno if those hard cardboard found in those old-fashioned CYC shirts are still available when we buy shirts nowadays from big stores like robinson. those work just as well too. :)

Hi,
sorry ot a bit here..........how do u use this set up to take stage event e.g manhunt, Miss Spore ......quite far away, will the flash powerful enough to cover the distance....how do u direct the flash ? thanks

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.