Bought new Kingston clasa 10 on 550d

Ev0lutionz

Oct 22, 2013
Singapore
Suddenly show can not play back image and cannot shoot and record to card. But card is readable on PC. Any ideas what's wrong?

Suddenly show can not play back image and cannot shoot and record to card. But card is readable on PC. Any ideas what's wrong?

Format it in your cam. But on a side note, I've only had bad experiences with Kingston SD cards

Is it a must to format it in the cam before shooting? I didnt format my new card. Could it be the problem? Also i shot a video clip too.

Is it a must to format it in the cam before shooting? I didnt format my new card. Could it be the problem? Also i shot a video clip too.

Usually not a must, but it can help.

Also try not to share your sd card with different cams(if u have) as file encryption might be different from cam to cam.. I experienced some files lost cause I shared n didn't format prior to shooting

Also try not to share your sd card with different cams(if u have) as file encryption might be different from cam to cam.. I experienced some files lost cause I shared n didn't format prior to shooting

Hmm thanks for the advices! Shall continue to monitor to see if this issue happens again..

Encryption? :bigeyes: I think you are mistaken here and might refer to file system versions. Most cameras will use FAT, FAT32 and exFAT, the latter one only being used with large memory cards and by cameras with video function.

TS: It is a good habit to reformat the card, especially after getting it newly. This will clean the file system and create a fresh index. But do note, this does not create a fresh file system, nor is it a test of the media. For this, please use a card reader and format the card on PC with Option 'Quick Format' unselected. This enforces some basic media tests and creates a fresh file system.
If you still encounter any problems it's worth doing an extensive media test. Any error showing up here indicates a deeper issues with the card. Depending on where you got it from you can try exchange - or simply throw it.

In 550d, there is a "low level format" in format menu, check the box when format SD card in 550d.

If still have problem, might be your Kingston card got problem.

Hi bro, would b good to try the above, formatting through PC, btw are u from sgreefclub? Ur nick seems v familiar

Encryption? :bigeyes: I think you are mistaken here and might refer to file system versions. Most cameras will use FAT, FAT32 and exFAT, the latter one only being used with large memory cards and by cameras with video function.

TS: It is a good habit to reformat the card, especially after getting it newly. This will clean the file system and create a fresh index. But do note, this does not create a fresh file system, nor is it a test of the media. For this, please use a card reader and format the card on PC with Option 'Quick Format' unselected. This enforces some basic media tests and creates a fresh file system.
If you still encounter any problems it's worth doing an extensive media test. Any error showing up here indicates a deeper issues with the card. Depending on where you got it from you can try exchange - or simply throw it.

Apologies... Choice of using the word encryption might be wrong.. couldn't think of the proper term to be used at time of posting..

That aside, this link might be useful to understand why memory cards might be corrupted..

http://photonaturalist.net/11-tips-for-avoiding-memory-card-problems/

Used Kingston cards before and behold horror when u switch on you ur camera to see no pictures.

Better use SanDisk, Sony or Toshiba.

Like what other member say, I have bad experience with kingston.....

I suggest u change brand. It's not worth with risking losing all your pics over one card