bought a fujifilm 6800z at AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kainsng

Jus bought a 6800z from AP on monday. I was looking to buy the newer F601z at $885 before samuel offer me the 6800 for $900.... From him and a guy who was also buying a camera there i was given the idea that 6800z seems a better catch.... Indeed the background seem better and the ccd is larger.... Service-wise i think the guys there were rather friendly and attentive.

:rolleyes:

another one..... sigh.... :(

nevermind, as long as you're happy with your purchase, it's ok.

Maybe should go back to the shop and change to 601.

ok lah, instead of just saying "oh man" and "sigh", kainsng, I shall say that generally-speaking, the F601z is a more superior camera at a lower price. I won't say too much cos it will probably turn out to be a controversial thing, but that's the way we feel. Check out www.dpreview.com and compare the 2 cameras side by side. If you finally decide that f601z is indeed better, go back to AP asap to change. Most of the time they entertain changes. We have a few clubsnappers who kena sweettalked and then attained revelation and went back to change camera before.

and the people who got the cameras earlier paid ard $900 for the F601Z AND 128MB Smartmedia.

its actually $885 with 128SM and GST for the 601 which is far better and newer than 6800z

poor thing, got "con" in quotes.

lai leh come on tell us more hehe

aiya.... if like that too bad lo:dunno:
but the 6800z seem to have better quality and user-friendly.....

Care to share with us why that comment :OH Man" etc.
If there was a thread on that, please enlighten.
Tks.
In fact I was at AP two days ago looking for A40, and a guy also tried to sell me the 6800Z. He showed me the advert retail price at 1299 and offered to give me 1050 + extra battery.
That moment, I was so tempted to buy it but finally told him I will consider and come back another time.

Close shave?!

my friend brought the 601z from AP at 880 + 128mb at extra $100...kinda conned after I read the thread...

anyway, why would pple buy a older model, bulkier model at a higher price?

was shock when I was at CK Tang and saw the price tag for the 2 camera..thot they made a mistake...cause according to the Japanese Website,

6800Z is about S$620 (max)
601z is about S$760 (max)

Originally posted by kiasu101
Care to share with us why that comment :OH Man" etc.
If there was a thread on that, please enlighten.
Tks.
In fact I was at AP two days ago looking for A40, and a guy also tried to sell me the 6800Z. He showed me the advert retail price at 1299 and offered to give me 1050 + extra battery.
That moment, I was so tempted to buy it but finally told him I will consider and come back another time.

Close shave?!

was the guy Peter, he's very good at this.

Don't know what is his name but can recognize him. But he wasn't that bad afterall. Never insisted and still very polite after I thanked him and said I will come back.

Originally posted by ekardo
my friend brought the 601z from AP at 880 + 128mb at extra $100...kinda conned after I read the thread...

anyway, why would pple buy a older model, bulkier model at a higher price?

was shock when I was at CK Tang and saw the price tag for the 2 camera..thot they made a mistake...cause according to the Japanese Website,

6800Z is about S$620 (max)
601z is about S$760 (max)

Did you include the JAP 5% service tax and calculate the shippment cost?

Originally posted by misato

Did you include the JAP 5% service tax and calculate the shippment cost?

yes...current exchange rate at 1.42 and 5% VAT, and also added in a couple of dollar for MISC...

no need shipment, since my gf comes to Singapore so often...hee..

Originally posted by ekardo

yes...current exchange rate at 1.42 and 5% VAT, and also added in a couple of dollar for MISC...

no need shipment, since my gf comes to Singapore so often...hee..

Wah, know u 4 so long. But only know u got gf frm Clubsnap. haha....:gbounce:

AP is smart at doing business.

They charge the prices which you cannot resist. For e.g. they will quote you $1050 for the 6900 and they know that the price cannot be matched although it is not the lowest they can go (as already mentioned in the previous postings)

Today, I helped a friend get her G2. She was quoted $1300+ last monday by a guy with a horse voice at AP.

Anyway I only deal with one guy at AP, Chan I think. He quoted me $1230 for the G2, $45 for Battery, $400 for 1GB Microdrive and gave a free Lowepro bag.

What a difference in price if my friend would have bought it last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.