bought a fujifilm 6800z at AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kainsng

Jus bought a 6800z from AP on monday. I was looking to buy the newer F601z at $885 before samuel offer me the 6800 for $900.... From him and a guy who was also buying a camera there i was given the idea that 6800z seems a better catch.... Indeed the background seem better and the ccd is larger.... Service-wise i think the guys there were rather friendly and attentive.

Kei

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
:rolleyes:

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
another one..... sigh.... :(

nevermind, as long as you're happy with your purchase, it's ok.

azone

Jan 20, 2002
azone.clubsnap.org
Maybe should go back to the shop and change to 601.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
ok lah, instead of just saying "oh man" and "sigh", kainsng, I shall say that generally-speaking, the F601z is a more superior camera at a lower price. I won't say too much cos it will probably turn out to be a controversial thing, but that's the way we feel. Check out www.dpreview.com and compare the 2 cameras side by side. If you finally decide that f601z is indeed better, go back to AP asap to change. Most of the time they entertain changes. We have a few clubsnappers who kena sweettalked and then attained revelation and went back to change camera before.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
and the people who got the cameras earlier paid ard $900 for the F601Z AND 128MB Smartmedia.

C

canon

its actually $885 with 128SM and GST for the 601 which is far better and newer than 6800z

poor thing, got "con" in quotes.

S

sunyee

lai leh come on tell us more hehe

K

Kainsng

aiya.... if like that too bad lo:dunno:
but the 6800z seem to have better quality and user-friendly.....

kiasu101

May 15, 2002
Upp Bt timah
Visit site
Care to share with us why that comment :OH Man" etc.
If there was a thread on that, please enlighten.
Tks.
In fact I was at AP two days ago looking for A40, and a guy also tried to sell me the 6800Z. He showed me the advert retail price at 1299 and offered to give me 1050 + extra battery.
That moment, I was so tempted to buy it but finally told him I will consider and come back another time.

Close shave?!

ekardo

May 14, 2002
Visit site
my friend brought the 601z from AP at 880 + 128mb at extra $100...kinda conned after I read the thread...

anyway, why would pple buy a older model, bulkier model at a higher price?

was shock when I was at CK Tang and saw the price tag for the 2 camera..thot they made a mistake...cause according to the Japanese Website,

6800Z is about S$620 (max)
601z is about S$760 (max)

T

TheZard

Originally posted by kiasu101
Care to share with us why that comment :OH Man" etc.
If there was a thread on that, please enlighten.
Tks.
In fact I was at AP two days ago looking for A40, and a guy also tried to sell me the 6800Z. He showed me the advert retail price at 1299 and offered to give me 1050 + extra battery.
That moment, I was so tempted to buy it but finally told him I will consider and come back another time.

Close shave?!
was the guy Peter, he's very good at this.

kiasu101

May 15, 2002
Upp Bt timah
Visit site
Don't know what is his name but can recognize him. But he wasn't that bad afterall. Never insisted and still very polite after I thanked him and said I will come back.

misato

Apr 13, 2002
SG
Visit site
Originally posted by ekardo
my friend brought the 601z from AP at 880 + 128mb at extra $100...kinda conned after I read the thread...

anyway, why would pple buy a older model, bulkier model at a higher price?

was shock when I was at CK Tang and saw the price tag for the 2 camera..thot they made a mistake...cause according to the Japanese Website,

6800Z is about S$620 (max)
601z is about S$760 (max)
Did you include the JAP 5% service tax and calculate the shippment cost?

ekardo

May 14, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by misato

Did you include the JAP 5% service tax and calculate the shippment cost?

yes...current exchange rate at 1.42 and 5% VAT, and also added in a couple of dollar for MISC...

no need shipment, since my gf comes to Singapore so often...hee..

S

sneezybum

Originally posted by ekardo

yes...current exchange rate at 1.42 and 5% VAT, and also added in a couple of dollar for MISC...

no need shipment, since my gf comes to Singapore so often...hee..
Wah, know u 4 so long. But only know u got gf frm Clubsnap. haha....:gbounce:

BigBelly

Feb 27, 2002
AP is smart at doing business.

They charge the prices which you cannot resist. For e.g. they will quote you $1050 for the 6900 and they know that the price cannot be matched although it is not the lowest they can go (as already mentioned in the previous postings)

Today, I helped a friend get her G2. She was quoted $1300+ last monday by a guy with a horse voice at AP.

Anyway I only deal with one guy at AP, Chan I think. He quoted me $1230 for the G2, $45 for Battery, $400 for 1GB Microdrive and gave a free Lowepro bag.

What a difference in price if my friend would have bought it last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.