Status
Not open for further replies.

lumen

Jan 9, 2004
comments welcomed :)
Botero.jpg

:thumbsup:
i like dis... it works for me..
can see it used as a poster or magazine cover..
with test filling up on the white void on the left

pardon my ignorance... wats botero? :dunno:

incubus said:
:thumbsup:
i like dis... it works for me..
can see it used as a poster or magazine cover..
with test filling up on the white void on the left

pardon my ignorance... wats botero? :dunno:

botero is an artist. Fernando Botero is his full name. I definitely enjoy his works :thumbsup: (I saw some of his works in this art gallery in Centerpoint some time back...)

This time Botero is having his paintings and sculptures around Singapore.

You can go here:
http://www.boteroinsingapore.com/

lumen said:
QUOTE]

Hi there,
Just my humble opinion.. :)

Before even comments on the photo itself...
Perhaps we should ask why do we compose the photo this way?
Botero is known for the 'SCALE' of his works, your composition definately made this sculpture small...considering that this actual piece is abt 2m tall? ;)

If it's some form of 'creative expression',then those wordings shouldn't be there? What do u tink? :D

wow dude, how you make it look like a toy replica man!?
Very unusual and refreshing!! If you can do a series with the same look and feel, it will be excellent!!

firestone said:
lumen said:
QUOTE]

Hi there,
Just my humble opinion.. :)

Before even comments on the photo itself...
Perhaps we should ask why do we compose the photo this way?
Botero is known for the 'SCALE' of his works, your composition definately made this sculpture small...considering that this actual piece is abt 2m tall? ;)

If it's some form of 'creative expression',then those wordings shouldn't be there? What do u tink? :D

Ahhh firestone good pt good pt...

Actually I had a reason why I composed it like this. If ya walk ard the esplanade area, there are many of botero's sculptures here and there. The one i took is probably more interesting bcos of it's location: it is situated right at the grand entrance of the esplanade. Now what's the reason for putting it there? Hmmm, in my opinion, it's bcos the grand entrance environ engages you toward the sculpture... the grandeur of the entrance, the two liu-lians (i mean the roof of the esplanade) at the side.

Similarly in the composition i try to draw the viewer toward the sculpture: the lines on the floor toward the sculputre, and the two liu-lians at the side.

But yes, it didn't come across to me that size was something Botero also wanted to portray... ahhh so pt noted :)

benedium said:
wow dude, how you make it look like a toy replica man!?
Very unusual and refreshing!! If you can do a series with the same look and feel, it will be excellent!!

haha... now that firestone had pointed out to me, botero probably din want it to look like a toy! :p

anyhow i used a wide-angle (30mm equivalent)... stepped really far back... and took the pic

i wanted to take a series too! but heh my battery ran out kekeke... i better gonna buy a second battery soon...

incubus said:
at first i thot it was a miniature.. hehe
wat the background psed?

yup i ps-ed the background to maintain the focus on the subject... er.... hmmm.. not sure if i over-done it..

depends wat u mean by overdone... first glance it seemd ok.
once uve got the ey... and u look ard.. the building and the floor doesnt add up to the dof..

I was flipping though B&W magazine at Borders yesterday and saw a b&w picture of a different subject but composed quite similarly to your Botero picture. Frankly, I still think it's an ingenius idea to make it look miniature. You can try the full series and also do it in black and white. Miniaturise everything!! ;)

I liked the picture a lot. The composition is great. The only drawback is that upon close examination, one can tell that the background is been ps to achieve the blur look. Not sure what is the f-stop you used but perhaps a bigger aperture can achieve the same look you visualised. That is my 2 cents. Anyway, this is great as it is.

lumen said:
yup i ps-ed the background to maintain the focus on the subject... er.... hmmm.. not sure if i over-done it..

nice effort. but the ps is a little too much for my liking

thanks guys! :) all comments were constructive! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.