Botanical Garden 27/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

azone

Jan 20, 2002
azone.clubsnap.org
Had a sudden urge to go botanical garden this morning. Happened to meet megaweb at the 1st pond. Here are some pics to share. :)

post01.jpg

post02.jpg

post03.jpg

Very nice shots! I like the 1st, 3rd, and 4th photos very much! Can join the POTM contest!

My 2 cents...1st and 3rd photos can have more DOF to have the subject sharp overall. The colour of the string in the 4th photo is superb!

Last photo, the mating dragonfly is nice, but the background is a bit disturbing to me.

I like your shots (angle, colour, contrast) with compare to ...;)

Fantastic stuffs! And you did it without external flash right? I think if the lighting is sufficient, it's better to do with natural light, the pics look so much better. Great work!

But too bad you couldn't use f8 for all the shots. :(

Good stuff. Just curious, did u use PS to enhance the photos like sharpening? I remembered reading somewhere that you can set the sharpening function of the camera to the soft and apply unsharp mask on it.

Hey azone, what accessories did you use to shoot?
Hoya +4 close-up with adapator only?

zoom to the max with macro mode?

Many thanks to Kho King, luisg, tweek, falcon, mpenza and revenant for the encouraging comments! :) Its been a few months since i went bg, so hand itchy today! :D

Originally posted by Kho King
My 2 cents...1st and 3rd photos can have more DOF to have the subject sharp overall. The colour of the string in the 4th photo is superb!
Thanks for the tips. Those i took with F8 din turn out well with the flash. Yup, would have been better if there is more DOF.

Originally posted by Tweek
Fantastic stuffs! And you did it without external flash right? I think if the lighting is sufficient, it's better to do with natural light, the pics look so much better. Great work!

But too bad you couldn't use f8 for all the shots. :(
Yup, all with internal flash. All the pics are taken under low light situation. Very frustrating when some of the insects' colors are harshly washed out by the flash. :( Need to control the flash intensity very well. Ya, and most of my F8 shots are bad.

But I've learnt that if i dun full zoom, the DOF is higher. Hence even with F3.5, some of them have DOF that is almost equivalent to using F8 with full zoom.

Originally posted by Falcon
Good stuff. Just curious, did u use PS to enhance the photos like sharpening? I remembered reading somewhere that you can set the sharpening function of the camera to the soft and apply unsharp mask on it.
I did some Unsharp Mask only. With a little adjustment of Curves when necessary. Dats all. And I set my cam's sharpness to normal.

Originally posted by revenant
Hey azone, what accessories did you use to shoot?
Hoya +4 close-up with adapator only?

zoom to the max with macro mode?
Yes, I'm using only the +4 filter. Zoom wise, depends. If i rem correctly, only the 2nd pic is fully zoomed. Macro mode on or not no difference.

Here are some more shots...

post07.jpg

post08.jpg

post09.jpg

Of all the pics i took, the spider one is the most dangerous. Hee.. becoz i was attacked by one of them while taking pic of it!! ;(

Originally posted by azone

Of all the pics i took, the spider one is the most dangerous. Hee.. becoz i was attacked by one of them while taking pic of it!! ;(

whoa :eek:

How did it attack you? Pain anot? :D

Originally posted by revenant

whoa :eek:

How did it attack you? Pain anot? :D
I was focuing my cam on it when it lept onto my hand and lept off again. A little shocked. :confused:

Originally posted by Kho King
R u sure you are not a SPIDERMAN now?;)
No leh... i removed my glasses, i still can't see clearly.. :bsmilie:

Originally posted by azone

I was focuing my cam on it when it lept onto my hand and lept off again. A little shocked. :confused:

No leh... i removed my glasses, i still can't see clearly.. :bsmilie:

Lucky you never drop your camera, else you might really kill the spider. :bsmilie:

Maybe you can try climb out of your flat now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.