Botanic Gardens Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Taken with c700uz, external flash Vivitar 285HV card bounced, F8. Shutter speed varies from 1/200s to 1/400s.

sP5043789.jpg

sP5043808.jpg

sP5043826.jpg

sP5043831.jpg

:thumbsup: Like the 3rd one!

Great shots again! The damselfly shot is very good!

thumbs up!:thumbsup:

Great shots tweek!!! :thumbsup:

Nice one, Tweek :thumbsup:

How does a external flash Vivitar 285HV card bounced looks like huh?

Sorry for offtopic-ing.

Good pictures. Good colour and sharpness. A very good set of macro indeed. :thumbsup:

Wow very good and close up!
Well done Tweek, nice shots there... :cool:

Thanks again for all the nice comments. :)

Originally posted by revenant
How does a external flash Vivitar 285HV card bounced looks like huh?

revenant, my flash setup looks like the below:

flashsetup.jpg

I just attach a white card to the top of the flash head using velcro, and the card is inclined at 45 degrees to the flash head. When taking the macros, sometimes I will detach the flash from the bracket so that I can position it at more desirable places, esp when the area is constraint.

wee kai, you using any close up filters? Can't imagine you being so close to the insects and not frightening them off....or is it the 10x zoom of c700?

Originally posted by snowparang
wee kai, you using any close up filters? Can't imagine you being so close to the insects and not frightening them off....or is it the 10x zoom of c700?

confession time: the ant pic is cropped, but the rest of the pics here are uncropped. Yup I was using close-up +4 filter, and that coupled with the 380mm focal length of the c700uz could get me such magnifications.

In fact, the insects were very proned to being scared off by my proximity, it takes some time to learn how to approach them tactically, and where to position oneself, and what is the threshold closest distance I can approach them without scaring them off.

super sharp! Any tripod used? Can't imagine going that close...whithout blur. Is it because of the flash that freeze the photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.