Botanic Gardens - Episode I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Was there with megaweb and the gang there today, here are my shots with c700uz, external flash Vivitar 285HV card bounced, F8. Shutter speed varies from 1/200s to 1/400s.

sP5043749.jpg

sP5043751.jpg

sP5043758.jpg

sP5043763.jpg

sP5043785.jpg

sP5043793.jpg

sP5043801.jpg

sP5043803.jpg

Thanks to megaweb for his guidance on the flash.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Like the dragonfly closeups! Didn't really try with mine :(
How close was the lens to the subjects?

Must try someday!

Originally posted by Fred
Well Done :thumbsup:

;)

Great macros, tweek! Looks like mega imparted you his omni-bounce technique! The 1st pic is my favourite. :thumbsup:

thanks everyone! First time I'm trying flash macro, glad the results are good. Kaipium, c700uz can focus at about 10cm away, but the 380mm focal length and closeup filter helps a lot in the magnification. Ark19, the lens was about 10cm from the subjects, and hey one day you should try with your external flash! azone, yup megaweb showed me his omnibounce setup, but I used a white bounce card instead, low budget lah. :D

actually there's an advantage to using sync cord rather than hotshoe: I could position the flash to anywhere regardless of the position of my camera. That allowed me to project the light successfully in some difficult and constrained areas.

wah....impressive.....*clap*clap*

really good man.....looks like another successful graduate frm Clubsnap University......:D well done.....

:eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wow!impressive image quality and detail!!... bro u haf any UV or polarizer attached or u not using any filters?

Originally posted by Jer76
:eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wow!impressive image quality and detail!!... bro u haf any UV or polarizer attached or u not using any filters?

thanks for the compliments. Had an UV filter with a closeup +4 filter stacked on top.

Good shots here too!!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.