botanic garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0v1cE

Dec 26, 2004
North
i have posted some photos that i took at botanic gardens. feel free to give your c&c at the below link... ;)

fz5 botanic garden

any comments on my takes?

im too noob to do any C&C but i think most of the shots have the subject framed right in the center...

im too noob to do any C&C but i think most of the shots have the subject framed right in the center...

bro,
some pic not sharp.......... FZ5 can produce better shots outdoor
looks like a little under exxpose
me 2 cents

bro,
me 2 cents

FZ5owner, i don't know if is the uploading of picture causing the loss of sharpness to the photos. anyway, can i pm you to send u the original version of the photos. thanks a lot! :)

FZ5owner, i don't know if is the uploading of picture causing the loss of sharpness to the photos. anyway, can i pm you to send u the original version of the photos. thanks a lot! :)

u can PM me, wat i know the pic dun degrade till tat bad when posting

bro,
me 2 cents

dono, looks alright to be other than the jpg compression... far too heavy
as for underexpose, i think not a major problem... tink only under by -0.3-0.5 or so...

tell you i noob liao mah... :cry:

as for underexpose, i think not a major problem... tink only under by -0.3-0.5 or so...

i then noob... :embrass:

u noob, knock ur head :kok: :hammer:

Just some of my opinion. No right, no wrong.

1) messy background or not "blur" enough
2) Rule of Third
3) Up the contrast.
4) Did you take around noon time? Try to take early in the morning. They look much better IMHO.

Just some of my opinion. No right, no wrong.

1) messy background or not "blur" enough
2) Rule of Third
3) Up the contrast.
4) Did you take around noon time? Try to take early in the morning. They look much better IMHO.
yay, the pro have spoken...

anyway i agreed that the background not blur enough,but guess thats the limitation of fz camera... orchid flower grow too near each other and their large size doesn't really allow people to shoot too close...

I did shoot some, most done at f2.8-f4 with a normal zoom lens just for the background -_-" can't imaging that with a PnS sensor.

yay, the pro have spoken...

anyway i agreed that the background not blur enough,but guess thats the limitation of fz camera... orchid flower grow too near each other and their large size doesn't really allow people to shoot too close...

I did shoot some, most done at f2.8-f4 with a normal zoom lens just for the background -_-" can't imaging that with a PnS sensor.

nothing is impossible......... dun forget FZ5 hv manual focus
u can play ard with the aperture

at last the pro who cliams a noob(ExplorerZ) speaks.......................;)
botanica garden is his turf...............:bsmilie:

... noob oso wrong... anyway i can't only say it is hard for lumix to get blur background when shooting large flower like orchid (not counting those tiny species) unless you picked a very good location with a pretty far background from the subject. :thumbsup:

some of the better one i got from my trip on sunday link
newbie shot... :embrass:

eh? FZ5 no manual focus ar.... that time i used focus lock and move back/front when i doing macro with raynox dcr250...

... noob oso wrong... anyway i can't only say it is hard for lumix to get blur background when shooting large flower like orchid (not counting those tiny species) unless you picked a very good location with a pretty far background from the subject. :thumbsup:

Actually if you take a closer look, you will realise that a lot of the flowers taken are like passport photos. Could have tried different angles to see.

Actually if you take a closer look, you will realise that a lot of the flowers taken are like passport photos. Could have tried different angles to see.
erm, i don mean the angle, what i mean is the large sized flower and the thich dof characteristic of PnS sensor make it pretty hard to isolate(blur) the background.

I do agree that most of the shot are straight on and center-ly framed

Status
Not open for further replies.