botanic garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, nothing wrong in putting the shot in the centre of the frame if it's done to good effect, but i suppose when you show more than one picture as in a gallery type format, it can get a little boring. Nevertheless, the shots are sharp and well exposed with gd dof, so the basics are covered. Makes me want to go shooting at botanic gardens too! I think i will next week after i get back from my holidays! We have the same camera, it'd be cool to compare photos eh? ;)

P1050764.jpg
P1050764w.jpg

P1050765.jpg
P1050765W.jpg

noob at work on PS.......................kekekekeke

Cheers

Nov1ce,

noob or not, think the distraction comes mainly from ur background. the subject do not caught ppl's attention, kind of messy.

I PS'ed ur images, hope u dun mind.

* Left is original Pic, Right is PS'ed

P1050576.jpg
P1050576w.jpg

P1050753.JPG
P1050753w.jpg

Just some of my opinion. No right, no wrong.

1) messy background or not "blur" enough
2) Rule of Third
3) Up the contrast.
4) Did you take around noon time? Try to take early in the morning. They look much better IMHO.

1)will it help the dof if i change the to spot focusing? i have to take note of my composition in terms of the background and the aperture as large as possible...
2)i get what you mean rule of third when i see explorerz's take of photo.
3,4)i thought going in the afternoon will give me a higher contrast, am i right or wrong? i will time on my ps.

Hmmm, nothing wrong in putting the shot in the centre of the frame if it's done to good effect, but i suppose when you show more than one picture as in a gallery type format, it can get a little boring. Nevertheless, the shots are sharp and well exposed with gd dof, so the basics are covered. Makes me want to go shooting at botanic gardens too! I think i will next week after i get back from my holidays! We have the same camera, it'd be cool to compare photos eh? ;)

will try to be more creative and not bore my audience... :D

Nov1ce,

noob or not, think the distraction comes mainly from ur background. the subject do not caught ppl's attention, kind of messy.

I PS'ed ur images, hope u dun mind.

* Left is original Pic, Right is PS'ed

i don't mind you ps-ing my photos cause u showing me the difference before and after and i am convinced. ;)

... noob oso wrong... anyway i can't only say it is hard for lumix to get blur background when shooting large flower like orchid (not counting those tiny species) unless you picked a very good location with a pretty far background from the subject. :thumbsup:

some of the better one i got from my trip on sunday link
newbie shot... :embrass:

i get what you mean my rule of third...

1)will it help the dof if i change the to spot focusing? i have to take note of my composition in terms of the background and the aperture as large as possible...
2)i get what you mean rule of third when i see explorerz's take of photo.
3,4)i thought going in the afternoon will give me a higher contrast, am i right or wrong? i will time on my ps.

best time to shoot will be in the morning/evening. but afternoon is fine as well, mine was shot somewhere in the afternoon around 12pm.
as for DOF, changing the way of focusing doesn't help. to get shallow DOF, you can try shooting at f2.8(or widest aperture), try to frame very tightly(your camera will be nearer to the subject thus giving you lesser DOF), look for a subject that are more isolated(probably not messy), use as much zoom as you can.

1)i don't mind you ps-ing my photos cause u showing me the difference before and after and i am convinced. ;)

hahahaha.........hope u like it.
actually pic after PS'ed is how it will look like if u shoot during noon...........:bsmilie: ;)

best time to shoot will be in the morning/evening. but afternoon is fine as well, mine was shot somewhere in the afternoon around 12pm.
as for DOF, changing the way of focusing doesn't help. to get shallow DOF, you can try shooting at f2.8(or widest aperture), try to frame very tightly(your camera will be nearer to the subject thus giving you lesser DOF), look for a subject that are more isolated(probably not messy), use as much zoom as you can.

if we are to use as much zoom as possible at widest available aperture then we need not be so near the object anymore right? :dunno:

hahahaha.........hope u like it.
actually pic after PS'ed is how it will look like if u shoot during noon...........:bsmilie: ;)

if the sun is too bright, the photos' color might also turn out washed out?

if we are to use as much zoom as possible at widest available aperture then we need not be so near the object anymore right? :dunno:
with zoom, you will have to be further away than without zoom, what i mean is to stay as close as to the subject even with the zoom, this will help you to get a more shallow dof.

if the sun is too bright, the photos' color might also turn out washed out?
not really if you controlled the exposure well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.