Botanic Garden Shoot on 18 December 2004!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i a very newbie...just started a basic course on photography. wan to join but not sure...if will fit in or no work that day :dunno:

thanks Adam,

I will like to join all of you at SBG but will have to run off a little earlier as I have to make it for church at 10am. Anyway thanks for organising this.

cheers

eng keow

Joining all the seniors here and hope to learn from you guys. Only can shoot in the morning coz afternoon need to work....sigh

The list:

1. Adam Goi
2. Bluestrike
3. John Teoh
4. Drudkh
5. wormz777
6. ransoma22
7. gryphon (hopefully can wake up cos friday got D&D)
8. malkw
9. L.Lee
10. Newguy69

Cheers

The list:

1. Adam Goi
2. Bluestrike
3. John Teoh
4. Drudkh
5. wormz777
6. ransoma22
8. malkw
9. L.Lee
10. Newguy69
13. Geno

I happen to like the no. 13 so am in ...

Great to meet you people...By the way, are we meeting at the bus-stop or the entrance there?

GENO said:
The list:

1. Adam Goi
2. Bluestrike
3. John Teoh
4. Drudkh
5. wormz777
6. ransoma22
8. malkw
9. L.Lee
10. Newguy69
13. Geno

I happen to like the no. 13 so am in ...

Great to meet you people...By the way, are we meeting at the bus-stop or the entrance there?

This Saturday, 8.30am and meet @ the Heliconia Walk. :D

ransoma22 said:
This Saturday, 8.30am and meet @ the Heliconia Walk. :D

Hey ..thanks... i did not read the first top page...
:kok:

Adam Goi said:
Come come! Don't shy! ;)

I try to bring my friend along...hope we all can catch the worms as they say "the early bird catches the worms"......

anyone here got macro lenses ? i know william have..hee hee...

I want to learn how to take marco the correct way...but only have a ex.tube..
:cry:

GENO said:
I try to bring my friend along...hope we all can catch the worms as they say "the early bird catches the worms"......

anyone here got macro lenses ? i know william have..hee hee...

I want to learn how to take marco the correct way...but only have a ex.tube..
:cry:

Having an Extension Tube is good enough for now ... go for a couple of close-up and macro shoots ... if you are still interested after those experiences, go ahead get a macro lens! ;) I know of quite a number of shooters who thought they would be doing macro photography in the long run so they bought the macro lens, 250D/500D and such ... alas, they tired of it after a few shoots and they ended up either letting it sit the dry cabinet as a white elephant or sold them away ...

Adam Goi said:
Having an Extension Tube is good enough for now ... go for a couple of close-up and macro shoots ... if you are still interested after those experiences, go ahead get a macro lens! ;) I know of quite a number of shooters who thought they would be doing macro photography in the long run so they bought the macro lens, 250D/500D and such ... alas, they tired of it after a few shoots and they ended up either letting it sit the dry cabinet as a white elephant or sold them away ...

I went to check the price today, it costs 500 plus for a tamron! 1 k for the minolta! and the worst part is the flash cost $1000 plus for a set too!...

Tis is a expensive hobby...

Have fun...

Liked to learn something from the group as well, but sorry , have committed to a visit to M'sia this weekend. :dunno:

hmm.............. dunno if i can make it.......
if i can.. i will GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Heliconia Walk? :dunno:

Venom81 said:
Where's Heliconia Walk? :dunno:

Its located somewhere just beside the symphony lake. From the visitor centre, you walk straight all the way (just a short distance-apporx. 2mins walk) towards the direction of orchid/Gingar garden and you come to a walkway where you see a lot of Heliconia plants (red and yellow tall flower plant). That's the meeting place.

Cheers

Now that the main gate is under development, where do i go in?
any map for reference? the one at sbg.org.sg is so small, i can't even see properly. :(

Drudkh said:
Now that the main gate is under development, where do i go in?
any map for reference? the one at sbg.org.sg is so small, i can't even see properly. :(
There is a side gate along the main road, just further down from the main gate. That along the direction going to Holland.

Bluestrike said:
There is a side gate along the main road, just further down from the main gate. That along the direction going to Holland.
Thanks! guess i'll have to go early to find my way there. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.