Boston and NYC - eat/drink/shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
Hi,

Seems like many CSers has been to California, especially San Francisco. Anyone been to Boston/NYC/Niagara? Am going to these places end of nov, do share experiences regarding weather/food/drink/music/sights etc.

Cheers!

yeah i've een to all three places, all these places will be cold towards end of november

Boston - quincy market!! lots of food there.. try the seafood there.. drop by to take a look at harvard town or MIT if you are bored though :p

NYC - lots of things to see! esp in manhattan alone. if you are staying in manhatt, the hotels are expensive.. but its easy to get around.. you can drop by harlem for church service.. try out Soul Food, and Bagels is a must try!! i stayed arnd 107th street and the bagels there were.. superbly nice!!.. and you will realize that in manhattan, there are very few super-markets, but lots of gourmet-shops (high end mini mart), you can take a peek at Soho, drop by Blue note for Jazz, go down to times square to see the usual "city never sleeps" in the night, take a peep at wall street, and blahblahblah lots of stuff!

niagara... if you stay at a good hotel.. i.e embassy suites etc you have a nice view of both falls.. can take a little ride in a boat that goes near the base of the falls.. its really wet though.. or you can walk back to the USA for a different view of the falls etc.

its not easy to take a nice picture of niagara falls when its too misty. but its a very nice feeling standing near the roaring falls.. with the cold mist on your face :D

NYC - lots of things to see! esp in manhattan alone. if you are staying in manhatt, the hotels are expensive.. but its easy to get around.. you can drop by harlem for church service.. try out Soul Food, and Bagels is a must try!! i stayed arnd 107th street and the bagels there were.. superbly nice!!.. and you will realize that in manhattan, there are very few super-markets, but lots of gourmet-shops (high end mini mart), you can take a peek at Soho, drop by Blue note for Jazz, go down to times square to see the usual "city never sleeps" in the night, take a peep at wall street, and blahblahblah lots of stuff!

Strange that you recommend going to Harlem, I was told by many people who study or work in New York NEVER to go there if you are not famililar with the place. If I am not wrong 107th street is at the fringes of Harlem, also known as Spanish Harlem, so there are more Latins and Asians.

Strange that you recommend going to Harlem, I was told by many people who study or work in New York NEVER to go there if you are not famililar with the place. If I am not wrong 107th street is at the fringes of Harlem, also known as Spanish Harlem, so there are more Latins and Asians.

haha.. not safe? :p but its not a place to be missed if you want to have a look at the community there :) and esp the sunday queue for service.. at the abyssinian church.. the queue starts more than a hr before service

there's east and west streets, if i didnt remember wrongly i stayed on the west.

additionally in new york there's a lot to do.. take the staten ferry, get near to the statue of liberty via other paid means, go up to empire state or rockerfeller and have a nice panaromic look at new york, drop by the Met museum.. or the MoMA..modern art museum.. have a stroll in central park.. shop at Macy's one of the largest shopping malls arnd etc.. and much more.

architecture is very interesting in new york, a great place for people who love architectural shots etc

it has been raining in NY in the past few days. Its finally clearing up. I see the sun now. But prepared for wet weather.

Must go to the museum of Natural Science and MET. It's almost free. Pay 1 dollar or quarter for the entry. Don't be fool by the recommended donation fee, which is 20USD. I was taught by the local.
The subway system is very convenient if you get used to it. Don't drive in New York. It just waste your time on the traffic and money for those expensive toll and parking.

If driving to Niagra, pick toll way, it's much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.