BOSSMEN SDG46 humidity level not stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlin

Jan 24, 2002
AMK
Visit site
Anybody using this dry cabinet model...i was wondering if there i anything wrong..( i wanted a stable level of 40%)

There are 3 levels on the dial meter. LR, MR and HR which stands for low , medium and high. On my first use , I switch to LR for 24 hours with nothing in the cabinet.....humidity level dropped to almost 20%.....then i add in my stuff and turn to MR..medium...the humidity went to around 50%.. with door closed for about a day...( no opening of door at all)...the humidity slowly creep up by day 2 up to 59%...btw (I am using a digital hygrometer, salt calibrated)..felt strange....so open the door turn the dial halfway between LR and MR...level drop to 28% in a day but again the level creep up again to abt 45 %.....why :dunno: ......Or should i jus switch LR lowest humidity and leave it there.....anyone can share his experience?

Apr 10, 2002
photos.yahoo.com
you can check old posts on cabinet probs, but to summarise, read the instructions that come with it, usu you're supposed to leave it at any setting for 2 days or more to run in the cabinet, THEN put your stuff. Leave it for a day before making adjustments. give it time to stabilise

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Leakage. Door seal is not complete. Anyway, the motor does not work as it should, it work only when you switch to LR, which in turn is only like an On/Off switch. Throw my 26L away after 1 month+ after I got my DigiCabi 70L. Waste of my time to bring it back home, much less to return. You should ask for refund if it is within one week. $78 for me is a learning lesson.

SianZronG

Sep 2, 2002
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
marlin said:
Anybody using this dry cabinet model...i was wondering if there i anything wrong..( i wanted a stable level of 40%)

There are 3 levels on the dial meter. LR, MR and HR which stands for low , medium and high. On my first use , I switch to LR for 24 hours with nothing in the cabinet.....humidity level dropped to almost 20%.....then i add in my stuff and turn to MR..medium...the humidity went to around 50%.. with door closed for about a day...( no opening of door at all)...the humidity slowly creep up by day 2 up to 59%...btw (I am using a digital hygrometer, salt calibrated)..felt strange....so open the door turn the dial halfway between LR and MR...level drop to 28% in a day but again the level creep up again to abt 45 %.....why :dunno: ......Or should i jus switch LR lowest humidity and leave it there.....anyone can share his experience?
i'm using a bossmen too. 28L at first i experience these influxes but in the end i just set my dail to MR.... then leave it there.... and it's usually around 45-50 on the analog meter.... i dun have a digital meter so can't mesure.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom